LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

So... WHY the disrespect?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
it's the curse of being a west coast team

also it's a QB league and for a lot of ppl that don't follow the NFL it's 3 megastars and Brock Who?
Dallas may be Americas Team, but SF is the Peoples Team
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

also it's a QB league and for a lot of ppl that don't follow the NFL it's 3 megastars and Brock Who?

Nobody is saying "Brock who?" right now, I know people that hardly or don't even watch the sport who've caught ear of Brock

if the 49ers were located in New York, they would be the overwhelming favorites to win it all.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 23, 2023 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Dallas may be Americas Team, but SF is the Peoples Team

yessir 85 approves
We got em right where we want em.
Not surprised at all to be honest. The media is predictable. What I don't like is how they acted like Purdy was Trent Dilfer or Jimmy G from the 2019 NFCCG when he attempted a total of 8 passes.

The bigger question is why nobody is used to this by now. Last year everyone picked the Cowboys and Packers to beat us, but they turned out ok.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The national media is all on Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. They think they are Super Bowl contenders every year. Especially Skip Bayless who used to cove them I believe and was from that Dallas area. He's a huge Cowboys fan.

The Cowboys are basically the Yankees/Lakers of football, they'll always get significantly more coverage than the average team. Even during the Campo days, the media wouldn't STFU about them, its just the way it is.

Haha.....I forgot about the "Campo" days......well, almost.

Jerruh lost control of the bus when he kicked out Jimmy Johnson.
[ Edited by 49erBrodie70 on Jan 23, 2023 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Watching all the postgame analisys today, the overriding tone from virtually ALL the national media is how the Cowboys LOST this game.. not that the Niners BEAT them. Now personally, I am kinda glad the national media gives this team no chance.. this team with the number one defense, a top five offense and weapons up and down the roster and coaching staff. Very little talk about the Niners ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT defense and no talk about what a masterfully coached team this is... I mean hell, 7 games ago most people thought "season over" when we were down to Brock. I'd argue that Brock Purdy had by all accounts a good game (19-29, 214 yds and most importantly ZERO turnovers).

All I see is how bad the Cowboys played (I'd disagree... their defense showed up) and how awful Dak was/is. Now I will say that I think 32 NFL teams (including us) whiffed on this kid and thankfully he was there at the end of the 7th... but I go back to my original question...

WHY the disrespect from the national media?

And it's not like this is a new phenomenon... this has been happening for years. What say you all?

yep. I called it too. Years before it was AARON RODGERS IS A BAD MAN.. then the packers lose and it's all about MAHOMES MAGIC.

Cowboys get gassed all season , for DECADES.

DECADES. and just get BENTOVER in the playoffs.

I'll take it though. Niners play better as underrated dogs. TIME TO COOK THE EAGLES.
That's why eliminating Dallas feels extra special. It shuts up all of their annoying fans and their nut hangers on ESPN and Fox Sports. I actually enjoyed listening to them cry about it this morning.

Originally posted by amir_tn80:
That's why eliminating Dallas feels extra special. It shuts up all of their annoying fans and their nut hangers on ESPN and Fox Sports. I actually enjoyed listening to them cry about it this morning.

God imagine this week if it was the Cowboys VS the Eagles....
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

God imagine this week if it was the Cowboys VS the Eagles....

If Cowboys beat us, they would have already been crowned SB winners. No need to play the game.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Don't watch ESPN or FS1 this week. Eek
Share 49ersWebzone