There are 175 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am going to feel less pressure in this game because we are the underdogs.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Nightmare matchup. Tough fast defense. Fast mobile QB. Big strong WRs.

What do you mean if you are still playing this time of year.. all the teams are legit.. is how it is. We can smoke anyone if we play our game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hurts is a big challenge, but I think we'll prevail. 24-17, Niners.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Much better match up for us

you think so? how so?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Nightmare matchup. Tough fast defense. Fast mobile QB. Big strong WRs.

What do you mean if you are still playing this time of year.. all the teams are legit.. is how it is. We can smoke anyone if we play our game.

I'm sure the Eagles fans are saying similarly.
"Ugh. The Niners. That defense, their linebackers are so fast. Pro Bowlers at every level. And all the weapons on offense."

It should be a fun game. The two teams are loaded.

that schedule they had isn't exactly rough. And the Cowboy win early in the season was against Cooper Rush
Go 49ers!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
How does the Eagles defense match-up with our offense?
Statistically, they're a better defense than Dallas, but Dallas presented a lot of matchup problems due to how athletic their front 7 is.... and the pressure that they can generate created some conservatism today.

I'm curious if we'll see the same next week.

at 4.5 yards per rushing attempt they a bottom 10 run defense.

on the flip side

They are by far the best pass defense in the NFL a whole half yard per pass better then number 2.

I have only watched a few Philly games all season, but I remember thinking it was like 90s cowboys good pass defense. Like multiple Dion Sanders-ish lock down defense.

On defense they give up points 1 out of 3 drives, for comparison the 49ers give up points 1 out of 4 drives. They are like 2% harder to get scoring drives on then Dallas.

We are harder to score on then Philly.

Philly has just as many drives end in takeaways as the 49ers, but the 49ers are 3 times more likely to score points off turnovers then Philly. That is likely due to how often the 49ers defense gives a short field to the offense.

With out watching a ton of Dallas or Philly, the numbers say it is easier to run on Philly then it is Dallas. Dallas and Philly generate similar pressure, but Philly gets more sacks and has a much better passing defense.
we goona mess up da beagles
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Much better match up for us

you think so? how so?

They don't have a Micah Parsons. Their DBs are much better but that's not what Kyle attacks. The Cowboys LBers are better than the Eagles and that's what Kyle attacks. The Eagles offense will give us problems for sure though

Purdy going to be running for his life if the line blocks like they did today. Other than Parsons Dallas line is full of nobodies.

The eagles have 4 guys with 10+sacks and in reality like 6 guys that are all pro or former pro bowlers.

The only saving grace for the line may be that the eagles aren't as small and quick up front as Dallas. We may match up better but they are far superior from than any we have faced.

Hurts needs a spy or he will gash us with his legs.

Otherwise we should be okay.

They have more talent than us for sure though and it's in Philly
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Purdy going to be running for his life if the line blocks like they did today. Other than Parsons Dallas line is full of nobodies.

The eagles have 4 guys with 10+sacks and in reality like 6 guys that are all pro or former pro bowlers.

The only saving grace for the line may be that the eagles aren't as small and quick up front as Dallas. We may match up better but they are far superior from than any we have faced.

Hurts needs a spy or he will gash us with his legs.

Otherwise we should be okay.

They have more talent than us for sure though and it's in Philly

Demarcus Lawrence is not a nobody
We've been here before.

In fact, we've been here more than any other team in the NFL.

NFCCG Appearances:

1970, 1971, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2021, 2022

Super Bowl appearances in bold.

Now let's go get it done once again!

Go Niners!!!!
I don't believe the in the Eagles. The Niners can win the game. After it's all said and done, I think Dallas was a tougher test. We'll see.
If Ryans finds a way to stop the freaking RPO we will win.
Share 49ersWebzone