There are 190 users in the forums

Offense is the new identity

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Cowboys have been fielding some of the most mediocre and boring teams since 1996 yet fans of the other 31 teams have to suffer their over exposure from ESPN year in and year out

most overrated franchise in sports and it's not even close

retweet
If this offense can make people forget about the defense, then what we have is Brock Purdy behind center slicing up opposing defenses, a la Joe Cool. And I for one believes that can happen.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Hasn't our offense been ranked #1 since the McCaffrey trade? I'm positive we have the #1 offense since Purdy took over, and even though ourD is #1 in the league it seems to be slipping the last few weeks. I can't tell you how happy I am rolling into the playoffs with a legitimate offense for the first time since Mooch was here. Go Niners!

Out defense might if slipped some but it's not much.

They really only had one bad game down the stretch and that was the raiders. It was also on New Year's Day in Las Vegas… I'm pretty positive our guys weren't their best that day. Outside of that, it's just been a coverage bust or energy level - and it's usually just the first half.

i hope they come out on fire this weekend but I'm also not really concerned about them either.
I'm at the stage where I want Purdy to show me one more game. After that, one more game, after that hoist the Lombardi. Then Ladies and Gentlemen I would say we have our next QB.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm at the stage where I want Purdy to show me one more game. After that, one more game, after that hoist the Lombardi. Then Ladies and Gentlemen I would say we have our next QB.

hell nah. He's good to GO. I'm tired of the sabateur Jimmy G giving me at least one pick or fumble a game. ........AND I'M A JIMMY GUY.

Lance was overrated from the get. Now he lost his speed? Pshh.
Biggest test yet for this offense. Dallas D is the best D we will be facing all year. If we can smoke this team, I like our chances of taking it all this year
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Biggest test yet for this offense. Dallas D is the best D we will be facing all year. If we can smoke this team, I like our chances of taking it all this year
they are not the best defense we faced, we played a few better than them.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Hasn't our offense been ranked #1 since the McCaffrey trade? I'm positive we have the #1 offense since Purdy took over, and even though ourD is #1 in the league it seems to be slipping the last few weeks. I can't tell you how happy I am rolling into the playoffs with a legitimate offense for the first time since Mooch was here. Go Niners!

Out defense might if slipped some but it's not much.

They really only had one bad game down the stretch and that was the raiders. It was also on New Year's Day in Las Vegas… I'm pretty positive our guys weren't their best that day. Outside of that, it's just been a coverage bust or energy level - and it's usually just the first half.

i hope they come out on fire this weekend but I'm also not really concerned about them either.

That Raiders game shook me. But seeing Purdy perform under that situation and now knowing our offense can take care of business if the D has an off day is priceless.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup. And we dropped 35+ on those defenses. Not worried about DAL defense.

What Kyle said-- Pick Your Poison
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup. And we dropped 35+ on those defenses. Not worried about DAL defense.

They practiced against a better defense than Dallas D everyday lol
So we a identify as offense? we go by Zone/Read? Play/Action? 10pt/Lead?
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
So we a identify as offense? we go by Zone/Read? Play/Action? 10pt/Lead?

We're not really an outside zone team anymore. We run a lot of gap this year too
Share 49ersWebzone