LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Offense is the new identity

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After all these years of being labeled a defensive team, Niners offense is finally carrying the team. Not much is being said about Shanny/Purdy producing massive points.

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
After all these years of being labeled a defensive team, Niners offense is finally carrying the team. Not much is being said about Shanny/Purdy producing massive points.

This is what I said in another thread. Every talking head talks about us having the #1D and that being the reason we win, but they should be focusing more on our offense which is hitting on all cylinders. They praising Dak like he's god for doing what he did vs TB, but fail to remember that purdy put up 45 on them in a half and 1 drive before they shut it down
Hasn't our offense been ranked #1 since the McCaffrey trade? I'm positive we have the #1 offense since Purdy took over, and even though ourD is #1 in the league it seems to be slipping the last few weeks. I can't tell you how happy I am rolling into the playoffs with a legitimate offense for the first time since Mooch was here. Go Niners!
I agree, and I also think we are pass to set up run now
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Even with this dude's annoying vocal fry, inject this right into my veins!
Its a physical team. Your identity will never be offense when you have the best defense in the league. Its a complete team that beats people up on both sides of the ball.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Its a physical team. Your identity will never be offense when you have the best defense in the league. Its a complete team that beats people up on both sides of the ball.

This makes sense, but you can't help but feel nostalgic when you watch this team, it's almost as if Bill Walsh is smiling down from above!

Also, you can argue that the Niners offense is also the best in the league.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 19, 2023 at 2:12 PM ]
Here's what I do know.. this team is gonna kick you in the teeth, and when you punch us back, we're going to smile at you. And when you knock us down, we're gonna get up, and on the way up, we're gonna bite a kneecap off
Guys at work were talking today and there was a lot of comparisons to many Niner teams of the past. If you take QB out of the conversation, there are a few people that made cases for this years team being overall the best 49er team in team history.

At first I was joking saying they were crazy, but after some thought, as a whole, this roster on both sides of the ball, along with the coaching staff, they might be right.

The only weak spot that can be picked on is special teams but even then, Gould and Wish have had good seasons.

Idk but this roster definitely feels like one of the best units in team history.
Originally posted by Patton:
Guys at work were talking today and there was a lot of comparisons to many Niner teams of the past. If you take QB out of the conversation, there are a few people that made cases for this years team being overall the best 49er team in team history.

At first I was joking saying they were crazy, but after some thought, as a whole, this roster on both sides of the ball, along with the coaching staff, they might be right.

The only weak spot that can be picked on is special teams but even then, Gould and Wish have had good seasons.

Idk but this roster definitely feels like one of the best units in team history.

Having the best offense AND defense is a very realistic thought.

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Having the best offense AND defense is a very realistic thought.

There have been many, many years of great offensive units, but to have an equally great defense with so much talent, I can't remember one.

The first thought that I had about a great defense was the year that they had that 7 play defensive stand against the Eagles at Candlestick inside the 2 yard line, but I couldn't remember the whole roster, lol.

No doubt though that this years team ranks among the best ever.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I've felt that fir weeks abd thought during the Seattle game once we got rolling that this is like the dynasty 49ers, top offense +good to great defense. If our defense holds teams under 24 to 27 I think we win now lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I've felt that fir weeks abd thought during the Seattle game once we got rolling that this is like the dynasty 49ers, top offense +good to great defense. If our defense holds teams under 24 to 27 I think we win now lol.

This is exactly why I think we win the SB this year. Teams are going to have to match points vs an elite defense.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 19, 2023 at 3:27 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Hasn't our offense been ranked #1 since the McCaffrey trade? I'm positive we have the #1 offense since Purdy took over, and even though ourD is #1 in the league it seems to be slipping the last few weeks. I can't tell you how happy I am rolling into the playoffs with a legitimate offense for the first time since Mooch was here. Go Niners!

The D slipping a little doesn't bother me because the offense has picked it up. I mean I don't want them allowing teams to score at will of course but they are good enough to make stops and they have their moments of domination. I mean haven't we all been wanting an elite offense? Which we might now have.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

This is what I told DAL fans. Last year we had the number three defense and held them IN DAL to 17 points when they had the NO 1 OFFENSE!

This year we have both the number one offense AP (After Purdy) and the number one defense and we're AT HOME!

This is why I told you guys were beating DAL worse than we beat SEA!

I don't get why you guys don't see this?
Share 49ersWebzone