There are 148 users in the forums

Updated POLL: Divisional Round Opponent Preference?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Updated POLL: Divisional Round Opponent Preference?

Originally posted by DrEll:
This question is easiest answered by figuring which team is most likely to knock out Philly in the Divisional. Given the remaining possibilities, we can all agree that the Giants are highly unlikely to beat Philadelphia in Philadelphia.

therefore our best bet to get the NFCC game in SC is by hoping that TB or Dallas knock the Eagles out. I personally think Tom Brady has a better shot then Dak.

therefore I am rooting HEAVY for Minnesota to win (hopefully a bruiser so they are soft next week and TB on MNF…

Philly barely beat Giants scrubs, and Philly had plenty to play for. Giants know Philly better than anyone so I wouldnt count them out.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Given the remaining possibilities, we can all agree that the Giants are highly unlikely to beat Philadelphia in Philadelphia.

No? I don't agree.
I think we want Vikings. Maybe just maybe Giants or Cowboys can handle Philly.

It's a tough one but I'm going to lock onto Vikings for us.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 15, 2023 at 8:26 AM ]
I chose cowboys because of Jefferson
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wouldn't the 9ers play Minnesota because the lower seed goes to Philly right??

This is who we're more than likely gonna play
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I think we want Vikings. Maybe just maybe Giants or Cowboys can handle Philly.

It's a tough one but I'm going to lock onto Vikings for us.

The only reason I would choose the Cowboys is because they will have a lot less rest than us, but I think we match up really well against the Vikings, especially at Home and on Grass.
When the 49ers played the Ravens in the SB I was just happy we were there. The same when we made it to the NFC Championship games. Now there is this feeling from the Bill Walsh days that we are a machine and nothing will get in our way. It makes no difference who the opponent is.
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Irving thinks the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL. I want Dallas, just so I can see Irving squirm.

Irving is a homer. I really hate when "analysts" that are previous players are complete homers for their teams. I have watched him on several shows right after an absolute horrible game by the cowboys and he will only analyze the one or two positive plays and never actually admit their truth. McCoy from the eagles is the same way. They are fanboys of their old teams. They always speak in the "we" terminology. It gets old.

atleast Steve Young has been honest with analysis of the team etc.

i don't care who we play but if Dallas wins this week all you will hear is about how good they are etc. i would love to see them get that L right out the gate.
Vikings is the best storyline. Shanahan made early decisions based on the assumption that Cousins would come to 49ers in free agency. QB wanting to beat his former coach. Justin Jefferson is the best of the six wide receivers in the 2020 first round and Brandon Aiyuk will want to show he is right up there too. I think the Vikings GM also has a 49ers connection?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Vikings..Cowboys will go to Philly and win. We'll have our home game against them.

Vikings no doubt, let TB or DAL have the chance to knock out PHI so we can host the championship game. I like both TB and DAL chances of going up there and beat them
a team that doesn't have or have the least amount of big game WRs
vikings because they only have justin jefferson to worry about and their defense is garbage.
Cowboys please. Beating the Seahawks and cowboys in the same playoffs? Yes please.
From a logistical perspective, we should want MIN.

MIN winning would mean we're locked into a Saturday game, meaning we get a week and they get 6 days plus long flight. And it means PHI still doesn't know who they're playing, meaning both PHI and winner of TB/DAL would play Sunday and only have 6 days to prepare.

And a win vs MIN would give us 8 days of prep for NFCCG.
Share 49ersWebzone