There are 253 users in the forums

49ers @ Raiders Coaches Film Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Awesome! Getting a lot outta this!
Thank you! Yeah, seeing this live, the defense honestly looked sluggish, like it just didn't have much life. It did pick up in some areas. I think they underestimated Stidham & not sure why. He can put a good amount of points on the board if ya look at his record. I think the D could have been more prepared, they looked like they had a few drinks on the strip NYE lol. The D is great but good not to be overconfident & take every challenge seriously. Gotta have a balance.
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 6, 2023 at 1:07 AM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:
As promised here is part 2 of the review: The defense - hopefully it doesn't get buried, but here it is:

Love it. You always have at least one nugget that opens our eyes to something our own eyes were fooled on originally. Thanks for that.
My concern is even if the niners get to the superbowl, the three teams they will likely face, Bengals bills and chiefs, all have offensive fire power to exploit this defense.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 6, 2023 at 5:51 AM ]
I am not worried about the defense going into the playoffs. We have an offense that can put points on the board with the best of them. We have a defense that is the best in the league when they are on their A game and still force turnovers on their worse days.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
As promised here is part 2 of the review: The defense - hopefully it doesn't get buried, but here it is:

Love it. You always have at least one nugget that opens our eyes to something our own eyes were fooled on originally. Thanks for that.

looks like a blueprint
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
My concern is even if the niners get to the superbowl, the three teams they will likely face, Bengals bills and chiefs, all have offensive fire power to exploit this defense.

Then hopefully Brock can exploit theirs. But before that you should bet the over. Lol
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I am not worried about the defense going into the playoffs. We have an offense that can put points on the board with the best of them. We have a defense that is the best in the league when they are on their A game and still force turnovers on their worse days.

Underrated point. Wasn't this a big issue last year? It feels like this was an area of improvement this year.
Good stuff on the offense, Great Job for the Hamlin bit.

Underrated point. Wasn't this a big issue last year? It feels like this was an area of improvement this year.

It really was. Last season we had 9 INT's and 11 fumble recoveries. This season we have 17 INT's and 9 fumble recoveries. We have also turned the ball over less this season. We went from having a -4 TO differential last season to being +9 this season.

It really was. Last season we had 9 INT's and 11 fumble recoveries. This season we have 17 INT's and 9 fumble recoveries. We have also turned the ball over less this season. We went from having a -4 TO differential last season to being +9 this season.

That's a massive turn around. Thanks for the deeper dive.
You said Lenoir blew the first TD but didn't Demeco say it was Hufanga's fault?
I may be missing something here but how are teams still isolating their best WR's on Lenoir? I thought Ward was following the teams best WR?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
You said Lenoir blew the first TD but didn't Demeco say it was Hufanga's fault?

Yeah, that was a really tricky one. So, I've been ridiculously busy this week, putting in 14 and 16 hour days and never caught DeMeco's presser.

After I saw that I talked to a couple people we all thought it was man initially because of the look, but after what DeMeco said and diving in a little further it was a 2-zone it's just a very abnormal 2-zone.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Jan 7, 2023 at 6:22 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Let's go team, no injuries heading into the playoffs and let's get that #1 seed.
Share 49ersWebzone