LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LAS VEGAS RAIDERS - 2022 Game 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at LAS VEGAS RAIDERS - 2022 Game 16

Originally posted by Montana:
Lol it's cold & wet here. But looks like the sun is coming through. They are letting in the tailgate ppl now. Lol ppl honking at each other loud..rivalry much? Haha.

Let us know if the 49er fans have taken over the stadium.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I didn't want to create a separate thread for this so I'm putting it in here.

My best friend of 63 years passed away yesterday unexpectedly. We shared 49er season tickets for over 30 years and attended at least 400 sporting events together including Warriors, Giants and Stanford football games. We were both die hard Niner fans going all the way back to the 50's. His father and a group of 7 friends were among the first season ticket holders when the team joined the NFL in 1950. They had seats under the press box on the 40 yard line. I attended several games with them ay old Kezar Stadium including that game where Jim Marshall of the Vikings recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way for a safety.

I know none of you knew Dennis but he was a 49er fan to the end. Sadly he won't see them win Lombardi #6 this year.

Goodbye old buddy. It was a hell of ride. Gonna miss you terribly.

May he rest in peace. Lucky dog gets to hang out with Bill Walsh and all the other greats we lost too soon.

My best friend of 63 years passed away yesterday unexpectedly. We shared 49er season tickets for over 30 years and attended at least 400 sporting events together including Warriors, Giants and Stanford football games. We were both die hard Niner fans going all the way back to the 50's. His father and a group of 7 friends were among the first season ticket holders when the team joined the NFL in 1950. They had seats under the press box on the 40 yard line. I attended several games with them ay old Kezar Stadium including that game where Jim Marshall of the Vikings recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way for a safety.

I know none of you knew Dennis but he was a 49er fan to the end. Sadly he won't see them win Lombardi #6 this year.

So sorry to hear this, CM80. Sounds like you two had a special relationship. What wonderful memories you will always have!

Here's to the Niners getting #6 this year for Dennis!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

So sorry to hear this, CM80. Sounds like you two had a special relationship. What wonderful memories you will always have!

Here's to the Niners getting #6 this year for Dennis!

Thanks. It's going to be hard watching 49er games without having constant flashbacks to tailgate parties and game time memories.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Bosa sack record!!!
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

May he rest in peace. Lucky dog gets to hang out with Bill Walsh and all the other greats we lost too soon.

Man. My condolences Catch. It sounds like you've got a million memories together though so that's awesome to hold on to!

Thank you for sharing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want a blowout - rest the starters in the 2nd half.

I'm sorry for your loss, CM...if it's any consolation, I think most of us would count ourselves very lucky to have a friend like that. Sounds like a great dude.

Don't worry, he's enjoying the 49ers run from the other side now!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend

• titan
  • Veteran

RIP. What an awesome time you guys had! GOD BLESS
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:

RIP. What an awesome time you guys had! GOD BLESS

RIP
Originally posted by swayze:

I'm sorry for your loss, CM...if it's any consolation, I think most of us would count ourselves very lucky to have a friend like that. Sounds like a great dude.

Amen to that! Well said and I'm sorry for your loss Catch. Oh, he will definitely see that #6 like Swayze said. Cheers to you and Dennis for your undying love and support for this team.

Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by swayze:

I am lucky. I've heard it said that men typically have a lot of acquaintances but only 2 or 3 close friends in their life. Close friends that we can share our feelings with and confide in each other during hard times. I lost one of those in 1997. Now I've lost the 2nd one.

I'll try to recall the good times rather than dwelling on the fact that he's gone just as I did with my other friend and my family. It's the only thing we can do.

Go Niners! All the way.
Clay Martin is the ref today. He did the 49ers/Bears game. We had 12 accepted penalties for 99 yards that day.
Share 49ersWebzone