LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Would you trade Jimmy G right now for the picks that it took to move up to get Trey Lance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Jimmy G right now for the picks that it took to move up to get Trey Lance?

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
What kind of question is this??

Furlow would you trade CMC to BUF to get our 2 first round picks back right now?

Would you package our entire offensive line for cash considerations?

Would you trade Bosa to KC FOR A SWIFFER WET JET
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
What kind of question is this??

Furlow would you trade CMC to BUF to get our 2 first round picks back right now?

Would you package our entire offensive line for cash considerations?

Would you trade Bosa to KC FOR A SWIFFER WET JET

Just curious how the Zone values Jimmy. Relax.
Man I was saying we should try and keep Jimmy cause Trey gets hurt with the way he plays. Got roasted and laughed at now 2/3 of you wouldn't let him go for two 1sts
No I wouldn't trade Jimmy for all those picks.

I would trade Lance for all those picks.

a bird in the hand…..
This is simple. To trade Jimmy this year isn't worth two firsts because the niners have a great shot at a superbowl this year. We know superbowl windows are short and few and far between, so we aren't going to risk a possible superbowl run for 2 firsts.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 23, 2022 at 6:59 AM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Let the season play out. Sunday Jimmy can lay a stinker (like all QBs do) and we're back at square one when it comes to hot takes. Just enjoy the ride.
Exactly, this was supposed to be some gotcha post lol

si siente bien, bebe!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Wouldn't of traded for lance with that haul when we did it and wouldn't do it for Jimmy either. You should only ever move that much capital for a proven future Hofer at a young age playing a valued position.
Sure, let's start a rookie QB now. We have the most talented roster in the NFL, and if we play to our potential, big if, we are gonna be a big problem for anyone we play, no one will want to play us. Waste entire year of our elite players prime, and risk losing the locker room for giving up, bc Brock ain't running this offense like jimmy, especially in the playoffs, doubt we make it with him anyways.

If we are fortunate enough to win our 6th trophy this year, I wouldn't be upset if we resigned Jimmy and ran it back, and give trey another year of watching and learning aka rodgers.Regardless of TL potential, and what it can do for us offensively, if jimmy walks after winning a ring, and TL s**ts the bed, and we don't play well next year, imo you risk losing the locker room, bc from all accounts jimmy is loved by his teammates, and the dude just wins!!!
Stopped reading @ "rookie qb".
Let's see: Goal is to win a SB. We have a streaking team with good odds to win the SB. Break up a good chance to win a SB for draft picks? Seems backwards to me.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
It's not that crazy of a question. 16 people would give up on our season for two firsts. Interesting.
If this question was asked after week 3, I bet 90% of the WZ would have been in favor. The situation has changed dramatically and the team looks primed for another deep playoff run. It would be dumb to trade away a chance at a SB this season.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
ABSOLUTELY.... If my plan was to lose the locker room FOREVER.

This. 100-percent this. The team would never forgive Shanahan or Lynch. A great collection of offensive and defensive talent would be torn apart. They would wind up on other teams. As 49er fans we would wonder "what if" for the rest of our lives.

Yep. You don't want to show a team as talented as this one that you're hyper-focused on future roster building as opposed to winning now... especially in-season. Guys would feel duped. As loaded as this roster is (and will remain in 2023) it can weather one draft without a pick in the top 100.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

a bird in the hand…..

LOL... can you imagine if KYLE was smart enough to give Grappy a playbook before the season started ??

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

a bird in the hand…..

LOL... can you imagine if KYLE was smart enough to give Grappy a playbook before the season started ??

Can you imagine not thinking we aren't running the same playbook as we have the last few years?

Imagine giving Jimmy G a playbook with a bunch of plays based off the power qb run.
Share 49ersWebzone