trey down for 5ths
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I do believe they get a comp 3rd roud pick for McDnaiel hire
Another 3rd round comp pick my memory fails me?

What FA left that would potentially give a few more comp picks

2023 Draft Picks: Projections

Comp 3rd (Saleh/Mayhew)
Comp 3rd (McDaniel)
Own 5th
Comp 5th (DJ Jones)
Comp 6th (Arden Key)
Own 7th
DEN 7th
Comp 7th (K'Waun Williams)
Don't we get an extra 5th from the dolphins with the Jeff Wilson trade

Yup and an extra comp 3rd this year AND next if Ryan's gets a head coaching job

In 2024 we will be getting high comp picks for Mike McGlinchey and Jimmie Ward but I expect one of those to be cancelled out with a free agent signing (hopefully RT)

FA starting OTs are $$$$$$$$$$$$. We would be better off resigning McGlinchey. Right now the best RT FA is Jawan Taylor of Jax and he is nowhere near as good as Mc.

I expect to see McKivitz as the starter next year.

You guys make me laugh. Glinch is the perfect fit in the Shanahan system. He is the best run blocking right tackle in the NFL bar none. Nobody is better. Nobody. Is he the best pass blocker? No. And he probably never will be. But the 49ers aren't getting rid of Glinch. That would send a horrible message to the rest of the team.

Whether they can sign him or not and still keep Bosa will be the issue. The 49ers will face a lot of those "issues" in the coming years and the choices the team will have to make will not be easy. You can't keep everybody.

Billbird you were wrong when you said Trent Williams wasn't worth it and you are wrong in saying Glinch is the perfect fit for Shanahan's offense. You make US laugh. Unless the perfect fit means an average right tackle that screws up quite a few drives a game.
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 31, 2022 at 1:13 PM ]
Billbird you were wrong when you said Trent Williams wasn't worth it and you are wrong in saying Glinch is the perfect fit for Shanahan's offense. You make US laugh. Unless the perfect fit means an average right tackle that screws up quite a few drives a game.

I was wrong about Trent. I will admit that much. But I still don't see the team getting rid of Glinch.
You guys make me laugh. Glinch is the perfect fit in the Shanahan system. He is the best run blocking right tackle in the NFL bar none. Nobody is better. Nobody. Is he the best pass blocker? No. And he probably never will be. But the 49ers aren't getting rid of Glinch. That would send a horrible message to the rest of the team.

Whether they can sign him or not and still keep Bosa will be the issue. The 49ers will face a lot of those "issues" in the coming years and the choices the team will have to make will not be easy. You can't keep everybody.

You wrote:
>>But the 49ers aren't getting rid of Glinch. That would send a horrible message to the rest of the team

and then:
>>Whether they can sign him or not and still keep Bosa will be the issue...... You can't keep everybody.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what you meant, but it appears that you are saying that we won't get rid of him, and then saying we might not be able to resign him so may have to get rid of him??

I agree with you that he is quite good at run blocking, but RT is an area I'd like to see addressed.......might be hard with no picks in the first two rounds though. Maybe we extend him for a year or two just to buy some time, as long as we don't overpay for him.....he's decent, he's not great, and takes too many stupid penalties. I'm fine when a tackle gets called for a hold when it saves our QB from getting crunched, I'm not fine when the tackle "flinches" before the ball is even snapped and costs us yards and moves us out of getting a first down. Those are stupid penalties, but at least he owned up to that after the last game and admitted he needs to do better.....respect him for saying that.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I do believe they get a comp 3rd roud pick for McDnaiel hire
Another 3rd round comp pick my memory fails me?

What FA left that would potentially give a few more comp picks

2023 Draft Picks: Projections

Comp 3rd (Saleh/Mayhew)
Comp 3rd (McDaniel)
Own 5th
Comp 5th (DJ Jones)
Comp 6th (Arden Key)
Own 7th
DEN 7th
Comp 7th (K'Waun Williams)
Don't we get an extra 5th from the dolphins with the Jeff Wilson trade

Yup and an extra comp 3rd this year AND next if Ryan's gets a head coaching job

In 2024 we will be getting high comp picks for Mike McGlinchey and Jimmie Ward but I expect one of those to be cancelled out with a free agent signing (hopefully RT)

FA starting OTs are $$$$$$$$$$$$. We would be better off resigning McGlinchey. Right now the best RT FA is Jawan Taylor of Jax and he is nowhere near as good as Mc.

I expect to see McKivitz as the starter next year.

Mark my words, McGlincey is gone. He is rated one of the top OT's in FA (OT dont hit FA usually). While the Niners would not mind signing him, they will let him walk so they get a comp pick and salary cap space for Bosa and Ayuk. I will take 5 years of solid play from any first round pick and consider it a success.
Jimmy gets us a 4-5th. 3rd is highly unlikely now.
I think JG is a free agent after this year we will get nothing for him. He was signed to a 1 yr contact.
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
I think JG is a free agent after this year we will get nothing for him. He was signed to a 1 yr contact.

There's a possible comp pick there, but it would be in the 2024 draft, I believe.
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:

We still get a comp pick. With the season we had going I think we get the 3rd now.
We still get a comp pick. With the season we had going I think we get the 3rd now.
That would be good.
How many picks do we have now that Ryans got picked up by the Texans?

• dj43
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I believe we now have a total of 11, including 4 comps at the end of the 3rd round. Those are our top picks.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I believe we now have a total of 11, including 4 comps at the end of the 3rd round. Those are our top picks.

Was trying to figure this out last night . They should be getting a 4th 3rd this draft and additional 3rd next draft correct? Nvm the Ryan's 3rd will reflect in 25'

this makes it sound like 3 total this year

For the 49ers, who already had Ran Carthon hired from their personnel department to become GM of the Titans, they're now getting three third-round compensatory picks in this hiring cycle: 2023 and 2024 picks for Carthon and a 2025 pick for Ryans
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 1, 2023 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
You wrote:
>>But the 49ers aren't getting rid of Glinch. That would send a horrible message to the rest of the team

and then:
>>Whether they can sign him or not and still keep Bosa will be the issue...... You can't keep everybody.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what you meant, but it appears that you are saying that we won't get rid of him, and then saying we might not be able to resign him so may have to get rid of him??

I didn't think the 49ers would get rid of Glinch or let him walk. But, it appears that my prediction has been proven wrong. This does happen. From time to time. Or, all the time. I swear, there are members of the Webzone who can become multi-trillionaires by betting against my predictions in Vegas.

I don't think the 49ers are going to let Glinch walk because they don't like him. It's my opinion that they are prepared to let him go to another team through FA because they can't afford him. Again, this is another prediction. Again, you may want to lay money against that.
So have the Niners capped out with comp picks from all the coaching staff they have lost? If Anthony Lynn leaves we don't get compensation for him?
I read that the rule is the coach has to be with you two years, so Lynn departing would not yield a pick. But I'm not sure if the overall rule is capped at two promotions per offseason.
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Feb 2, 2023 at 5:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone