There are 275 users in the forums

2023 OPOY Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2023 OPOY Christian McCaffrey, RB

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Awwe I didn't know we were only talking about that one drive. Apologies, I'm not good at understanding context.

I may not be the only one

Sorry, my only point was its not our personnel. Trading for CM isn't gonna change kyles philosophy. Kyles philosophy is what is killing this team.

Personally id bring in Payton, dorsey, or id even hand the keys over to DeMeko. We're gonna have a small window to retain DeMeko and the only way will be to give him the head coaching position. This will do so much more than to bring in an injury prone CM.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 18, 2022 at 4:13 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yooo I remember that channel. Good times.
  • dj43
The decline of the running game is not the lack of a top-tier RB, or, as one writer claims, is due to not having the running threat of QB power. (that claim makes me ) Rather it is this:

Last season we had Tomlinson, a top-15 guard at LG with a run-blocking rating in the low 70s. This year we have an inexperienced Aaron Banks with a rating of 57.
We also had a former Pro Bowl center still playing at a mid-range level. This year we have the 6th lowest-rated center in the league in Jeff Brendel.
At RG we had Daniel Brunskill, a mid-tier level player who held his own against power and hit the second level with decent consistency. This year we have Spencer Burford, whose run-blocking rating is "replacement" grade.
OT, with Williams when healthy, and McGlinchey, has been equal to last season but injuries are, once again, hurting consistency.

So, no, we don't need a game-changer RB to run behind the crew I just outlined. We need the OL to carry the water.
Originally posted by dj43:
The decline of the running game is not the lack of a top-tier RB, or, as one writer claims, is due to not having the running threat of QB power. (that claim makes me ) Rather it is this:

Last season we had Tomlinson, a top-15 guard at LG with a run-blocking rating in the low 70s. This year we have an inexperienced Aaron Banks with a rating of 57.
We also had a former Pro Bowl center still playing at a mid-range level. This year we have the 6th lowest-rated center in the league in Jeff Brendel.
At RG we had Daniel Brunskill, a mid-tier level player who held his own against power and hit the second level with decent consistency. This year we have Spencer Burford, whose run-blocking rating is "replacement" grade.
OT, with Williams when healthy, and McGlinchey, has been equal to last season but injuries are, once again, hurting consistency.

So, no, we don't need a game-changer RB to run behind the crew I just outlined. We need the OL to carry the water.

Also, not interested in doing anything that distracts the franchise from the one critical priority above every single other priority: signing Bosa.

Did you account for teams putting extra DL ?

Teams are loading up to stop the run, the only way to counter that is taking advantage the secondary by passing. Teams are daring us to pass

Pass blocking has taken a huge step up, but we still lack in the pass due to having a back up QB playing
Wilson can't hold on to the football to save our season. He legit fumbled away a GW drive and somehow fumbled a TD to ATL. As a run heavy team, we can't lean on this guy. Try something else. Melvin Gordon is rightly in the doghouse in DEN for fumbling. He's a way better back than Wilson ever was. We keep trotting Wilson out there.. even after the ATL fumble.. he's right back out there. It's terrible.

Teams are loading up to stop the run, the only way to counter that is taking advantage the secondary by passing. Teams are daring us to pass

Pass blocking has taken a huge step up, but we still lack in the pass due to having a back up QB playing

Getting difficult to keep you unblocked…. I've never felt the urge to block someone before

Getting difficult to keep you unblocked…. I've never felt the urge to block someone before

did you miss weeks of chat about teams are starting to put 5 DL ?

if you can't handle it i guess block me.. but that doesn't take away that teams don't respect our pass

if you can't handle it i guess block me.. but that doesn't take away that teams don't respect our pass

Naw the "backup QB" comment has to be a troll though, right?

the falcons made us pass. Our QB passed very well. Our pass catchers dropped, our RB fumbled, our O-line committed penalties…. but you come away with "because we have a backup QB"

which, again, must be a troll. Correct?
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM ]
No we aren't

the falcons made us pass. Our QB passed very well. Our pass catchers dropped, our RB fumbled, our O-line committed penalties…. but you come away with "because we have a backup QB"

which, again must be a troll. Correct?

5th, you are pretty much nailing it.

which, again, must be a troll. Correct?
passing well would not rate so low.. Dropped passes happen to every QB. all the excuses happen to other teams.. just like bad throws and INTs. It's just we can't recover from them

but is he not our back up Qb?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 18, 2022 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Wilson can't hold on to the football to save our season. He legit fumbled away a GW drive and somehow fumbled a TD to ATL. As a run heavy team, we can't lean on this guy. Try something else. Melvin Gordon is rightly in the doghouse in DEN for fumbling. He's a way better back than Wilson ever was. We keep trotting Wilson out there.. even after the ATL fumble.. he's right back out there. It's terrible.

there's only 4 RBs avg more YPC that has as many (or more) carries then Wilson. Barkley/Chubb/Jacobs/Stevenson.
Share 49ersWebzone