Pre-Draft Tracker: Visits, Meetings, Workouts, Picks →

There are 181 users in the forums

2023 OPOY Christian McCaffrey, RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2023 OPOY Christian McCaffrey, RB

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I never said another RB can't do better. I'm saying that's not an issue right now. That's like saying we need another LBer. We're fine there. Would it be cool to have Roquan Smith next to Warner, sure. That's not the problem right now though.

I mean if Mitchell gets the ball a s**t ton the rest of the year and gets 5.5 yards per than we have the next Jonathan Taylor.

Running back isn't the reason we're not top 5 in running the ball.

Good points all around
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I never said another RB can't do better. I'm saying that's not an issue right now. That's like saying we need another LBer. We're fine there. Would it be cool to have Roquan Smith next to Warner, sure. That's not the problem right now though.

I mean if Mitchell gets the ball a s**t ton the rest of the year and gets 5.5 yards per than we have the next Jonathan Taylor.

Running back isn't the reason we're not top 5 in running the ball.

Good points all around

As a fan it would be cool to see him in red and gold. I would rather spend picks on a position that's actually a need though. We will see, every yr we get all tight in the pants over all the big names then end up trading a late rd pick for a "who's that guy" lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,165
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
BREIDA .. he sucked from the get go.. had some few games here and there.. but he sucked overall..

MOSTERT - he got traded because he asked for more money and KS10 believing that he found his back in SERMON.. then PRICE.. then MASON.. but back to COLEMAN..

Mostert wasn't traded, he was a FA. Kyle replaced often injured Mostert with often injured Mitchell both who are good here when they play. Your a 49er history buff Mitchell broke the rookie RB rushing record last yr.

SAME SAME...

" Rice Is Rice " - JoKoy
Originally posted by NYniner85:
As a fan it would be cool to see him in red and gold. I would rather spend picks on a position that's actually a need though. We will see, every yr we get all tight in the pants over all the big names then end up trading a late rd pick for a "who's that guy" lol

Yeah I'd be pretty ecstatic to get him… would probably happy dance. But he'd be hurt within a game, Kyle would f**k it up by fixating on him, and we'd probably lose bosa because of it 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe we could trade for Barkley as a backup
Well if we aren't going to have a super star at QB and only have 1 star linemen maybe McCafe Rey could help
Overpriced overused and oft-injured RB that we have to trade high picks for? Kyle's in.

No thanks!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Overpriced overused and oft-injured RB that we have to trade high picks for? Kyle's in.

No thanks!
incorrect, incorrect and incorrect (compared to the games missed by our RBs) is a 3rd a high pick ?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Overpriced overused and oft-injured RB that we have to trade high picks for? Kyle's in.

No thanks!

I feel we should give Mason and TDP a shot over Wilson. See what happens
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Well if we aren't going to have a super star at QB and only have 1 star linemen maybe McCafe Rey could help
it helped when we had a dynamic back in deebo..

we would be able to keep Deebo at his position and have a better 1-2 punch with CMC and wilson
  • Tman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,270
Posted this on the Fire Sale thread

Jeff Wilson has one of the lowest "yards after contact per rushing attempt" at 1.3

He also has one of the highest "yards before contact per rushing attempt" at 3.7

Averages 4.9 yards a carry

CMC currently has a "yards after contact per rushing attempt" at 2.1

and a "yards before contact per rushing attempt" at 2.5

Averages 4.6 yards a carry

JWJ is getting more then a full yard of blocking before getting hit then CMC

As others have said, CMC would feast in this offense and an RB of his caliber would indeed bring it to another level imo. Teams are not scared of JWJ, the threat from play action passes would make the pass game even that much better as one of Jimmy's better qualities is his play action game.
[ Edited by Tman on Oct 18, 2022 at 7:54 PM ]

Originally posted by Tman:
Posted this on the Fire Sale thread

Jeff Wilson has one of the lowest "yards after contact per rushing attempt" at 1.3

He also has one of the highest "yards before contact per rushing attempt" at 3.7

Averages 4.9 yards a carry

CMC currently has a "yards after contact per rushing attempt" at 2.1

and a "yards before contact per rushing attempt" at 2.5

Averages 4.6 yards a carry

JWJ is getting more then a full yard of blocking before getting hit then CMC

As others have said, CMC would feast in this offense and an RB of his caliber would indeed bring it to another level imo. Teams are not scared of JWJ, the threat from play action passes would make the pass game even that much better as one of Jimmy's better qualities is his play action game.

Wilson's hands have been scaring me. The fumbles have to stop if he wants more than 15 carry's a game. We will be our best when. Wilson is back to short yardage work.

I think CMC would pair well with our offense and Mitchell. If he's a 3rd round or later trade, make it happen.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,270
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Tman:
Posted this on the Fire Sale thread

Jeff Wilson has one of the lowest "yards after contact per rushing attempt" at 1.3

He also has one of the highest "yards before contact per rushing attempt" at 3.7

Averages 4.9 yards a carry

CMC currently has a "yards after contact per rushing attempt" at 2.1

and a "yards before contact per rushing attempt" at 2.5

Averages 4.6 yards a carry

JWJ is getting more then a full yard of blocking before getting hit then CMC

As others have said, CMC would feast in this offense and an RB of his caliber would indeed bring it to another level imo. Teams are not scared of JWJ, the threat from play action passes would make the pass game even that much better as one of Jimmy's better qualities is his play action game.

Wilson's hands have been scaring me. The fumbles have to stop if he wants more than 15 carry's a game. We will be our best when. Wilson is back to short yardage work.

I think CMC would pair well with our offense and Mitchell. If he's a 3rd round or later trade, make it happen.

Agreed, I like a 3rd rounder and maybe plus some other consideration (later round pick or non core player)
CMC put on the best game I've ever seen a football player have in that 2016 Rose Bowl.
Niners. Should. Have. Drafted. Him.
Moved down a few picks and picked up some extra draft capital.

Instead ShannyLynch came away from that event with swollen wood for Solomon Thomas and C J Beathard.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
CMC put on the best game I've ever seen a football player have in that 2016 Rose Bowl.
Niners. Should. Have. Drafted. Him.
Moved down a few picks and picked up some extra draft capital.

Instead ShannyLynch came away from that event with swollen wood for Solomon Thomas and C J Beathard.

Niners did move down and got Fred warner....
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
CMC put on the best game I've ever seen a football player have in that 2016 Rose Bowl.
Niners. Should. Have. Drafted. Him.
Moved down a few picks and picked up some extra draft capital.

Instead ShannyLynch came away from that event with swollen wood for Solomon Thomas and C J Beathard.

Niners did move down and got Fred warner....

That was 2018
Share 49ersWebzone