There are 293 users in the forums

Fro's 2022-2023 season thread (Final Thoughts)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frotastic

Waking up knowing we have the best running back in the game and have a week to rest up...

Bye week. No wins, no losses. Just rest and healing up.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Image courtesy of USA Today

The Niners won the game, but should have won it by more. Still, a win is a win in this league and you take them when you can get 'em. The above image is of Dre Greenlaw, who already holds a place in Niner lore for his stand against the Seahawks--though some Niner fans have already forgotten it as fast as they did their last latte. Dear friends, Mr. Greenlaw was a victim of a terrible unsportsmanlike call that led to his ejection tonight. For some fans, Dre is some sort of loose cannon. Frankly, they are full of crap and are a part of the Doom and Gloom squad that will ridicule Mr. Greenlaw for letting up to avoid a penalty as much as they are complaining now that he was wildly throwing himself around out there. Has he made errors? Sure. So has other players. But this call tonight was egregious and was all about protecting the QB. Even though the QB was a runner, and was hit in a manner that changed his trajectory, the person blamed was #57. Unreal.

That b******t aside, we are looking good. But between you and me, the Niners have too much offense to still look this stagnate at times. Got to get better.

P.S. Welcome back Mr. Mitchell. It was sure good to see him running free out there. Oh, and there is this, McGlinchey is turrible. Just turrible.

Current record: 5-4

Fro's prediction for the year: 13-4
Me after the game ended.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Me after the game ended.

I was like that with us giving them the ball back up 6.

then the pick happened and I was like

and

Fro, the NFL's head of officiating doesn't agree with you. Greenlaw will have to go stand in the corner now.

• All22
  • Veteran
We're not losing more than one game for the rest of the season.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Fro, the NFL's head of officiating doesn't agree with you. Greenlaw will have to go stand in the corner now.

That was such a b******t call, bruh. So much BS. I mean...damn!

All the girls asking Jimmy if he read Fro's 2022 season thread.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Bruh!

Viva la Mexico!

Was it just me, but as our beloved San Francisco 49ers via Santa Clara played in glorious Mexico, did anyone else get Super Bowl XVI—in particular, Pontiac Superdome--vibes? I mean it was dark at times during the televised coverage, at others the signal cut out. I half thought I was going to have slap the back of the OLED, jiggle the tin foil antennas, and switch the channel knob back in forth to get the picture to stay solid. But, it all evened out in the end.

Look, maybe it was the glorious and beautiful Mexico setting, likely it was because Jimmy G was extra handsome, perhaps, it was because Grupo Firme reminded all of us why they have a 24 piece band, which gave us chills throughout the halftime performance, or it could have been the final Avatar—the Great Moneygrab sequel—commercial, I dunno what the fug it was but the Niner offense showed the f**k up. And I liked it. I say move the rest of the games to Azteca Stadium.

My God did you see Aiyuk channel Tito Santana and hit Deebo-after he rumbled and Trent Williams introduced himself to people maliciously--with the flying forearm?!??! By golly, folks, I hate to start things, but I think I see our Wrestlemania main event story line unfolding before our eyes!

Wow! At this point, I just have to say it, if we are playing like this down the stretch….buddy, we going to have some fun. Real fun.

REAL.

FUN.

Current record: 6-4

Next up: the Saints.
[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 21, 2022 at 8:19 PM ]
Brock Purdy so good he faked out everybody.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Who in the hell is this guy? Credit USA Today.

Mama used to tell me, "Fro, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good". Or maybe it was famed college football announcer Keith Jackson? Who cares? Whoooooa Nelly, it's true! Sometimes, you win with skill, other times, you win with luck. I am also a firm believe in another adage, "good teams win bad games". Welp, this isn't the worst I have seen the Niners play, but this was a slugfest against a Dirty ass Saints team. Yes, bounty gate was years ago; I still haven't forgiven the Saints for it. Nor have I forgiven the NFL for that matter, when they hit us with a BS penalty when Ahmad Brooks stretched Drew Brees neck to epic proportions--cleanly.

It was BS then, it is BS now. When I die, I'll say "it is still BS." Ten years after my death, people will seek my grave, on the tombstone it will read "Fro left for Pizza, and oh yeah, It is still BS!"

But, today, we win with Luck because we made our own Luck with our skill during a game we could have easily pissed away and lost. The boo birds will poo poo this. Don't listen to them. Use logic. Think about how many times we have given away games, including this year, and then realize that this time we did not. That is important and we did it against a tough Saints D. These things matter in time.

Current record: 7-4

Next up: the Dolphins and a match up with several mouthy former Niners.
[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 27, 2022 at 4:28 PM ]
When the glass shatters, you run for the hills.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Nov 27, 2022 at 6:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone