LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

S Tashaun Gipson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Welp; I'm guessing that shuts the door on CGJ, Bates and even Jimmie Ward

Bates and CGJ were never in it. Ward it depends but my guess is he is gone.
Yea CGJ was a dream.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I just hope they find a way to keep Moseley.
Originally posted by Hopper:

I just hope they find a way to keep Moseley.

Same. I also wish Jimmie was okay with being a nickleback. I honestly think he is more of a playmaker there, but if he is adamant about playing safety he's as good as gone. I am happy that Gipson is back either way.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 12, 2023 at 8:38 PM ]
Good deal, he was a great mentor to Huf. They have synergy.
Gipson proved he's far from being done with a stellar season. Happy he's back, not only for his stout play, but as a mentor to Huf and whatever S they draft.
I like Gipson LFG
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Montana:
I like Gipson LFG

Yup, glad they re-signed him for another season, every year he seems to produce.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Montana:
I like Gipson LFG

Yup, glad they re-signed him for another season, every year he seems to produce.

I'm very happy he came back....we're keeping our defense solid on the back half and adding Hargrave will only help our DB's out! I'm feeling great about next season even with QB injuries!

He had a good year but faded towards the end. He's going to be 33. I hope they have a backup plan.
Originally posted by JDTical:
He had a good year but faded towards the end. He's going to be 33. I hope they have a backup plan.

I've heard that this year is supposedly a stacked safety group in the draft so maybe thats the back up plan.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Mar 17, 2023 at 5:08 PM ]
Originally posted by JDTical:

No team has as many backup plans as we do. And any team rhe faces significant injuries is a losing team save for us. With that said, I hope we draft a safety early and they are ready to start by 2024.
No team has as many backup plans as we do. And any team rhe faces significant injuries is a losing team save for us. With that said, I hope we draft a safety early and they are ready to start by 2024.

This x 1000
  • thl408
Shout out to Gipson. I thought he might be a weak spot in this defense as he enters the season as a 33 year old DB. He is being asked to do a lot in Wilk's scheme with regards to man coverage as Huf seems to be the preferred single high safety.
Share 49ersWebzone