There are 211 users in the forums

S Tashaun Gipson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Welp; I'm guessing that shuts the door on CGJ, Bates and even Jimmie Ward

Ward for Nickel

Hopefully that means that we're spending money on EDGE and O line.
We still need to draft a safety. It's a deep safety class and need one for the future to pair with Huff.
Good
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Ward for Nickel

Originally posted by JTB1974:
We still need to draft a safety. It's a deep safety class and need one for the future to pair with Huff.

Agree with this!!! And $2.9 for Gib is a damn good deal and I'm glad we brought him back. Gib and Huff have excellent chemistry and it would be awesome to get a rook in to see it

Ward for Nickel

Hope this happens 🙏
Cool. That's what I wanted.

One year deal, draft a S to get minimal snaps and learn for a year before hopefully taking over.
Let's run it back.

More of an hedge. Free agency can be crazy with monster deals. Other safeties might be outside of our price range.

Originally posted by illinois9er:

This for sure. With Colton McKivitz and Gipson both less than 3 million per year that's a bargain. I know we will get an edge rusher because Lynch loved when we had Ford and he knows how much better our defense was if that's even possible. There's tons of good edge rushers right now
Wow didn't think we would get him for that little. That's great for us. Hopefully he can replicate last season again.
Welcome back and nice signing. Draft a Safety, let him learn, then take over after Gipson.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

This for sure. With Colton McKivitz and Gipson both less than 3 million per year that's a bargain. I know we will get an edge rusher because Lynch loved when we had Ford and he knows how much better our defense was if that's even possible. There's tons of good edge rushers right now

I just don't think we can "hope" Drake takes a big leap in year two without hedging it a little. There's too many options at pass rusher to put opposite Nick to not come away with one. NOW is the time to go for it imo.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I'd love to get a tackle now that we saved money on safety
Share 49ersWebzone