There are 212 users in the forums

S Tashaun Gipson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

like him back, it's gotta be super cheap though. I'm guessing a one yr deal so there not much you can do about the cap hit (maybe toss in all kinds of escalators or something).

He trying to get one last paycheck, can't hate the hustle. I think he's going to try to cash in on his play this past season for us by asking for more money from another team though.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

like him back, it's gotta be super cheap though. I'm guessing a one yr deal so there not much you can do about the cap hit (maybe toss in all kinds of escalators or something).

He trying to get one last paycheck, can't hate the hustle. I think he's going to try to cash in on his play this past season for us by asking for more money from another team though.

As he should the guy played well. He should be asking for more money froim the Niners as well
Originally posted by lamontb:

As he should the guy played well. He should be asking for more money froim the Niners as well

Agreed, but I don't think the 49ers are gonna pay him if hes asking too much. Also with no restructures being done yet we have I think currently 6 mil in cap space.

Agreed, but I don't think the 49ers are gonna pay him if hes asking too much. Also with no restructures being done yet we have I think currently 6 mil in cap space.

Bring. Him. Back.
Jonnydel said on the 49ers rush podcast that this draft is deep with safeties. That is where we may end up looking to fill that spot.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Jonnydel said on the 49ers rush podcast that this draft is deep with safeties. That is where we may end up looking to fill that spot.

Free agency has plenty of options too
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Sure. But you are going to pay more in FA. I guess it comes down to if they see a day 1 starter they can land in the draft or not.

Sure. But you are going to pay more in FA. I guess it comes down to if they see a day 1 starter they can land in the draft or not.

Thats why you pay more for a proven FA. I say they do both. Let's also remeber that they have a new DC. He might wanna bring in somebody he feels fits his defense better in regards to Gipson. The draft and FA are deep with safeties.
  • 91til
  • Veteran

Thats why you pay more for a proven FA. I say they do both. Let's also remeber that they have a new DC. He might wanna bring in somebody he feels fits his defense better in regards to Gipson. The draft and FA are deep with safeties.

Kyle's so right that free agency should be after the draft… though I guess it behooves the veteran players to have it this way…
Originally posted by 91til:

Kyle's so right that free agency should be after the draft… though I guess it behooves the veteran players to have it this way…

That's exactly why FA is before the draft bc veterans would receive so much less if teams filled their needs with way cheaper, younger options in the draft beforehand

we resign him, Gipson just posturing before free agency opens
He was worth every penny we paid him.

Like to see him return.
He is back!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Very nice!!!!
Welp; I'm guessing that shuts the door on CGJ, Bates and even Jimmie Ward
Share 49ersWebzone