LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jordan Mason-RB-Georgia Tech-UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can we get confirmation he is going to get carries if eli can't go?

I keep hearing tevin Coleman rumors which seems like a huge waste.

Let him pound the rock and show how we can dominate the eagles.
Having him in to close the game with our 3 td lead would be so sweet.
I'm still not sure why we don't see more of this kid. He gains yardage even at the end of the game when run is obvious.
[ Edited by Second2Nunley on Jan 28, 2023 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
I'm still not sure why we don't see more of this kid. He gains yardage even at the end of the game when run is obvious.

I wonder if KS has noticed he wears down easily, so he uses him more as a surprise attack late in the game.

Because when run shouldn't be obvious, Mason's presence on the field makes it obvious.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Same here, I'd like to see more of him too. Just recalling his college days, he hasn't played a lot in college. Barely a season if I remember correctly. He did suit up all 4 years, but hardly played. I think Kyle is redshirting him for next year if TDP can't win a spot on the 53 next year. He may still be a liability to Kyle - from an experience standpoint. I dunno.
What's his blocking like?
Bump!

It's been a while lol. Kid looked good out there minus the fumble. He was constantly breaking the first take and getting extra yard. Gore style
I bet this dude spends a lot of time in that ice tub because he runs hard af.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I bet this dude spends a lot of time in that ice tub because he runs hard af.

Always hits the right hole and looks like Marshawn Lynch 2.0 to me. He'll keep CMC healthy, wealthy, and wise this next season, for sure with his hard running.

Over under 2 carries for Mason tonight?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Over under 2 carries for Mason tonight?

Over.
I definitely think Mason is the most underutilized player on the team. I know Kyle wants formations that he can split the RB out wide, but there's short yardage situations where he can be just as effective as CMC in my opinion.

Mitchell does not look the same after his injury riddled offseason, Mason needs more playing time. Period.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I definitely think Mason is the most underutilized player on the team. I know Kyle wants formations that he can split the RB out wide, but there's short yardage situations where he can be just as effective as CMC in my opinion.

Mitchell does not look the same after his injury riddled offseason, Mason needs more playing time. Period.

Does KS trust his pass blocking
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Shout out to Mason. I really am hoping we see him play more. Specially when Kyle needs to put a team away in the 4th QTR.
Kyle's comment on Mason:
How did you feel about your running back rotation, getting RB Christian McCaffrey out of there a little bit more?
"Yeah, I thought the week before just never getting [RB] Elijah [Mitchell] in was kind of an anomaly for us. But this I think was a little more what we expect, but each game's going to be different. But I was happy how yesterday went and I thought both of them played well. I thought JP [RB Jordan Mason] did an awesome job when he came in and finished it there, allowing us to stay on the field."
Share 49ersWebzone