LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

49ers sign WR Willie Snead

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Good competition at WR. I think Snead is a guy that doesn't make the 53 Man Roster, but if we suffer an injury at WR we sign him. He would be familiar with scheme, coaching staff, QB's and environment. Check out his competition here!

Would have rather signed Will Fuller.
Originally posted by Shifty:
Good competition at WR. I think Snead is a guy that doesn't make the 53 Man Roster, but if we suffer an injury at WR we sign him. He would be familiar with scheme, coaching staff, QB's and environment. Check out his competition here!

Agreed, maybe a potential PS player. If they keep 6 WRs my favorite is Malik Turner.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Would have rather signed Will Fuller.

More talented yes but probably would've pulled a hammy just trying out
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Hopefully they sign Dede Westbrook also cause he'd have a shot at making the roster. Ngl I rather have DeDe than Ray Ray

Huh? Kids don't smoke crack.

We worked out DeDe Westbrook also. He's been a better receiver than Ray Ray McCloud throughout his career. I can break it down more for you if you're still struggling with comprehending what I said.

who cares? the team didnt sign Ray Ray to play significant snaps at WR. they signed him because he's an All Pro returner. this team has been lacking at that position for a while now.

I care that's why I stated my opinion.

So you'd rather have a guy who's available off the street over a guy that they targeted in free agency? That's Hysterikal

I'd rather have a functional receiver who averaged 9.3 yards per punt return over a bad receiver who averaged 9.5 yards a punt return. Yeah can't imagine why I would want that.

Dede hasn't done anything the last two seasons. Ray Ray had his best year as a pro last year. Dede is 6' and Ray Ray is 5' 9". They're different types of players. Ray Ray is on the rise and Dede is on the decline. You'd better rethink your idea of functional. The guy you're backing hasn't functioned for awhile. I can't imagine why you would want that.

He had such a bad leg injury CBS refused to show the replay that may have something to do with it. And he primarily was a slot guy and was on the Vikings. They have a slot guy who's pretty good from what ive heard that may have something to do with it. Don't know why I'm wasting my time debating someone who still hasn't shown me the "Clear proof" McGlinchey tripped over a TE when CGJ decleated him.

I knew you'd bring that up. I'm surprised you're so sure of yourself. It's absolutely clear he tripped. Now I might be wrong that it was because of the TE. Still not sure because the link you sent was trash. Either way he tripped weather it was over his own feet or the turf/grass or the TE. Regardless he tripped and fell into the DB. He didn't get de-cleated. End result he actually took the DB out of the play. It was a stupid take like I originally said. Actually go ahead and post it again.

Now on to the new argument at hand. The man you're backing just got beat out by Snead. So keep riding the Dede train to nowhere. He's on the street. Not sure why I'm debating a guy who thinks he's hysterical but should have named himself clown

Yeah McGlinchey isn't good in pass pro but excellent in run blocking. He's got blown up plenty of times by players he outweighs by a large margin. He did trip, but I wouldn't expect many people in here to admit they are wrong. No big deal. You know the truth.

We absolutely needed an upgrade at punt returner and at 4th or 5th wr so Ray Ray is NOT just a special teamer. At least he's healthy and showed it last year. DeDe on the other hand showed Jack and s**t, and Jack just left town.
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 5, 2022 at 11:51 PM ]
I knew you'd bring that up. I'm surprised you're so sure of yourself. It's absolutely clear he tripped. Now I might be wrong that it was because of the TE. Still not sure because the link you sent was trash. Either way he tripped weather it was over his own feet or the turf/grass or the TE. Regardless he tripped and fell into the DB. He didn't get de-cleated. End result he actually took the DB out of the play. It was a stupid take like I originally said. Actually go ahead and post it again.

Now on to the new argument at hand. The man you're backing just got beat out by Snead. So keep riding the Dede train to nowhere. He's on the street. Not sure why I'm debating a guy who thinks he's hysterical but should have named himself clown

Oh looks like a personal attack at the end. The link I provided didn't show a trip and therefore it's trash got it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Good signing. we need depth if he can make it.... much better than sanu
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why

Need dudes to run around in camp and catch passes.. vs 2nd and 3rd team D
yup when camp bodies go down, you should not run the starters more

plus who plays if one of our top two guys goes down?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Agreed, maybe a potential PS player. If they keep 6 WRs my favorite is Malik Turner.

Turner can play special teams, Snead is more of a typical slot guy. I think it boils down to ST and whether Kyle wants another slot guy if Jennings or Ray-Ray are not playing up to par.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WASTE OF TIME

Originally posted by cciowa:

Agreed x1000.
Yes Sanu was a total waste of time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Agreed x1000.

plus i am totally puzzled on the kid in gray we drafted..... one day.. reports say he is great.. another they say.. ugh.... i am sure this is typical for a rookie so this is a good no risk at all signing
Share 49ersWebzone