LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 200 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
For those who haven't seen it. CNN will be re-airing 'American Pain' on Saturday at 8:00pm EST. Got to check it out, so we can all talk about it. Don't miss it, I think it's going to be the last showing.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 8, 2023 at 9:42 PM ]
Yeah, maybe so.But still, its Joe..
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Joe Montana will go to his death bed being bitter towards the 49ers. It's a such a shame that the greatest 49er of all time doesn't embrace the organization.

makes me thankful for guys like Steve Young and Jerry Rice who are passionate for the team to this day
Originally posted by mayo49:
For those who haven't seen it. CNN will be re-airing 'American Pain' on Saturday at 8:00pm EST. Got to check it out, so we can all discuss it. Don't miss it, I think it's going to be the last showing.

Sir, this is a Wendy's
Originally posted by scottym:
Joe Montana will go to his death bed being bitter towards the 49ers. It's a such a shame that the greatest 49er of all time doesn't embrace the organization.

makes me thankful for guys like Steve Young and Jerry Rice who are passionate for the team to this day

The problem with Joe is he really doesn't follow this team, his opinion on our team is as good as some random Eagles fan. He barely watches the games, doesn't talk to our players, isn't around the facility. His opinion would be highly valued and needed if he did those things. It sucks that he doesn't care, but that's the reality of it
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Feb 8, 2023 at 6:12 PM ]
Looks like the surgery has been decided, rooting for him 🙏
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by mayo49:
For those who haven't seen it. CNN will be re-airing 'American Pain' on Saturday at 8:00pm EST. Got to check it out, so we can all discuss it. Don't miss it, I think it's going to be the last showing.

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Wendy's?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by scottym:

The problem with Joe is he really doesn't follow this team, his opinion on our team is as good as some random Eagles fan. He barely watches the games, doesn't talk to our players, isn't around the facility. His opinion would be highly valued and needed if he did those things. It sucks that he doesn't care, but that's the reality of it

No, he cares, he just doesn't want to be seen as meddling.
Everytime Joe looks at Trey he sees Steve Young taking his job all those years ago. Even Trey's physical tools are similar to Steve Young. I bet Joe doesn't think that highly of mobile QB's in general. He is probally a big Mac Jones fan.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Everytime Joe looks at Trey he sees Steve Young taking his job all those years ago. Even Trey's physical tools are similar to Steve Young. I bet Joe doesn't think that highly of mobile QB's in general. He is probally a big Mac Jones fan.

Or maybe that's just his opinion. There are a bunch of people in this forum that don't want Trey on our team, and while I disagree, they all get an opinion. I still love Joe more than any QB in history, and it isn't any different when people in here feel that way, can't feel differently about people based on their opinions about who our QB should be. It'd be a boring world, with no places like this if we Always agreed 100% of the time.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Feb 8, 2023 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Or maybe that's just his opinion. There are a bunch of people in this forum that don't want Trey on our team, and while I disagree, they all get an opinion. I still love Joe more than any QB in history, and it isn't any different when people in here feel that way, can't feel differently about people based on their opinions about who our QB should be. It'd be a boring world, with no places like this if we Always agreed 100% of the time.
Joe's personal emotions is speaking for Joe on this one.. no doubt about it

Fix the elbow. He throw touchdowns. Win games. We go to the Super Bowl next year.

I got this team in the Super Bowl next year with Brock Purdy. You can't stop us.

...... ,,,,,
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 8, 2023 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Trained under James Andrews and other top sports medicine authorities. Has been team doctor for the Rangers for nearly 20 years.

Meister developed an understanding of just about every sport during his eleven years at the University of Florida. He treated athletes in football, basketball, baseball, gymnastics, softball, volleyball, soccer, swimming, track & field, tennis, and golf. "I had to deal with athletes within those sports and all the things that go along with that," he says.

Notable patients of Meister:

Yu Darvish
Joe Nathan
Jose Fernandez
Matt Harvey
Martin Perez
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Trained under James Andrews and other top sports medicine authorities. Has been team doctor for the Rangers for nearly 20 years.

Meister developed an understanding of just about every sport during his eleven years at the University of Florida. He treated athletes in football, basketball, baseball, gymnastics, softball, volleyball, soccer, swimming, track & field, tennis, and golf. "I had to deal with athletes within those sports and all the things that go along with that," he says.

Notable patients of Meister:

Yu Darvish
Joe Nathan
Jose Fernandez
Matt Harvey
Martin Perez

Nathan was even better after his surgery. This doctor is really good, bodes well for Brock.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I just hope he's doing what's best for him, that's it. Shopping for a Doctor to hear what you want to hear is certainly not bizarre and unfounded, not with everyday people and most certainly not with athletes, don't be naive. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case but I also ain't naive enough to rule it out completely.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2569110/amp

Why would he do that? It makes no sense.

He already said we should've taken Mac.
Share 49ersWebzone