LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm looking forward to his next nickname.. Mr. Relevant..

Plan B
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would it surprise any of you if this guy became a quality starting QB in the NFL?

Cousins 2.0.

I'd like that! I'd like that!

🙏👌👍🤩🤩🤩
What if…. Just what if…
Cousins 2.0.

Kirk Cousins has a strong arm. Based on what I've seen, Purdy's arm strength seems to be closer to Jimmy or possibly slightly weaker.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kirk Cousins has a strong arm. Based on what I've seen, Purdy's arm strength seems to be closer to Jimmy or possibly slightly weaker.

Yeah but Brock Purdy is the Magic Man.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah but Brock Purdy is the Magic Man.

So, we'd go from a "pretty" QB to a "purdy" QB lol

The difference I've seen is his mobility.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Cousins 2.0.

I think it's stronger than Mullen's though...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
If Purdy can show folks how strong his arm really is, I imagine he can be a more mobile Jimmy Garoppolo. Quick release, good accuracy - and hopefully - a better ability to throw outside the hashmarks because of (hopefully) a better arm and better mechanics than Jimmy. We shall see. He's one of the underdogs that I'm rooting to make the team - and hoping he knocks Sudfeld out of the #2 spot. Long shot, I know, but I'm an eternal optimist.

"Brock is someone who's underrated," The Draft Network's Crissy Froyd said. "Part of that has to do with the questionable decision-making that he did on the field at Iowa State at times. He did hit some high points. He has the best or some of the best lower body mechanics in this draft."

"This notion that he can't throw the deep ball…that comes from the fact that in the Iowa State offense, you have someone like Breece Hall who was the star running back, first or second rounder, so the offensive scheme is going to be tailored to him," Froyd said. "In a scheme like that, you don't need a quarterback to throw a lot of deep passes.
"He's shown it on film, he showed it on pro day, he showed it at the combine that he can throw the deep ball."
As you can see above, Purdy is capable of throwing the deep ball. It just wasn't asked of him very often in Ames.
Purdy's strength is less about his arm strength though, but more about what is going on between the ears and in his actions as a leader.
"A lot of resiliency," Froyd said. "He's a quarterback who's also gotten a lot of flack over the course of his career. He's bounced back from that well and I think he's brought a strong level of leadership to this team that has brought Iowa State to new heights. He just doesn't get enough credit for doing so."
https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/04/19/nfl-network-analyst-calls-brock-purdy-underrated-ahead-of-2022-nfl-draft/
Cousins 2.0.

This and IMO he won't make the team.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Cousins 2.0.

This and IMO he won't make the team.

If he's mobile and has a comparable arm to Jimmy in terms of accuracy and quick release, he can make the team.
Floor level C.J. Beathard
Ceiling Nick Mullens
🥱
Wasted pick. Jimmy g clone. He actually might be better than jimmy though.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • gotem
  • Veteran
He looked great. However he seemed way smaller in stature compared to Trey and nate
[ Edited by gotem on Aug 13, 2022 at 12:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone