LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thought we'd bring up the rear with a running back, like we do.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Get Sudfield outta here man

If he can beat out sudfeld, I'm all for the pick! 👍👌🏈
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Get Sudfield outta here man

If he can beat out sudfeld, I'm all for the pick! 👍👌🏈

Just another body to make sure sudfield never sees the field
Kyle wanted someone more Purdy than Jimmy.
So if our Mahomes busts we've got our Brady?

Or is there some truth to Kyle really wanting Mac last year so he felt he needed a dad bod QB this year to call his very own?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Nice Job Lynch. Still could of used someone like McKinley at Safety or Jobe to compete at the CB position. Career practice squad player with NO potential.

Its the last pick of the draft.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Thought we'd bring up the rear with a running back, like we do.

Thought so too, but honestly if you are an UDFA RB and the 49ers come calling, you are signing. No need to use a 7th on a RB for this team.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
I wanted Carson Strong, but if he contributes in some way i cant be mad

That would've been better than Nick Mullens 2.0.

Drafting a statue would've been better when we're building this offense around Trey's skillset and the backup should be at least a little mobile? Strong didn't get drafted for a reason. Maybe his medicals say his knee won't last another couple years or something.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Nice Job Lynch. Still could of used someone like McKinley at Safety or Jobe to compete at the CB position. Career practice squad player with NO potential.

Its the last pick of the draft.

Honestly I think Purdy has a better chance to stick as an NFL backup QB than McKinley has to stick on an NFL roster in any capacity. Dude's too small to play in the box in the NFL and too slow to play single high. If he's going to make it, he has to make it on special teams.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Drafting a statue would've been better when we're building this offense around Trey's skillset and the backup should be at least a little mobile? Strong didn't get drafted for a reason. Maybe his medicals say his knee won't last another couple years or something.

Strong's medicals reportedly were a nightmare. You don't go from potential 1st to 3rd rounder to undrafted without some serious medical or off the field issues. Both Strong and Justyn Ross might never play football again if the reports that have come about them are accurate.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Strong's medicals reportedly were a nightmare. You don't go from potential 1st to 3rd rounder to undrafted without some serious medical or off the field issues. Both Strong and Justyn Ross might never play football again if the reports that have come about them are accurate.

Yet some wanted us to potentially throw away a pick on a guy that everyone else in the league was scared to touch.
I really thought this guy was going to be the truth a few years ago lol. Well he is a Niner now so hopefully he becomes a tremendous backup to Lance.

Good stuff
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
So if our Mahomes busts we've got our Brady?

Or is there some truth to Kyle really wanting Mac last year so he felt he needed a dad bod QB this year to call his very own?

[ Edited by krizay on Apr 30, 2022 at 4:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone