LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

DT-Kalia Davis-UCF 6th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not sure of the rule on NFI players, but Kalia Davis got hurt in October 2021. The ACL should be healed and good to go by now, but he's not had any practice reps and from what I've read, he may have had to have been activated by Week 9 in order to be eligible.

Pretty sure you can't come back if you were on IR before the season started.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Not sure of the rule on NFI players, but Kalia Davis got hurt in October 2021. The ACL should be healed and good to go by now, but he's not had any practice reps and from what I've read, he may have had to have been activated by Week 9 in order to be eligible.

NFI is different I believe
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

He can be brought back anytime after 4 games have been played. They can open a three week practice window whereas after he has to be activated or back to nfi. One quirk is if he isnt activated his contract year tolls so in Davis case he would still be on his first year next year. So if they don't think he can really come out and help this year then they probably will keep him on NFI and toll the contract.
Hoping he can make an impact. Fresh legs.

Was he activated??
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Was he activated??

Practice window opened along with Kinlaw
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Was he activated??

Practice window opened
Does Kalia use one of our 2 IR designations to be brought up?
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

The answer is no! I just saw on bleacher report that he won't require a IR designation.

The answer is no! I just saw on bleacher report that he won't require a IR designation.

He was on the NFI list, so I don't think it's applicable
would be cool if he has an impact
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Yup, looks like I was onto something! Kalia going to get activated and get some PT I bet now. Freaking awesome that we're adding some significant reinforcements/fresh blood into the DT rotation.
He's got DJ Jones vibes.
I doubt he will make any impact this season. He is raw and is converted from LB to DT. Hope he can contribute next season.
Share 49ersWebzone