There are 250 users in the forums

DT-Kalia Davis-UCF 6th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
With how much talent we have up front drafting a talented DT that will be on IR all season in the 6th round is a good idea. He will get to sit and learn with the best. It is basically trading a late 6th for a next year pick. But the bonus is that he will already be here for a year. We have a lot of DL leaving after the year. Just one less spot they have to worry about

Reminds me a bit of Kentavius Street injury situation. It took him (I think) longer than one year to come up, but he did help us out last year in our run for the Lombardi #6. HOpe Kalia can recover much faster than Kentavius and help out sooner. My peeve with Kentavius was that maybe we could have gotten an edge at his position, and he was on injured reserve like forever before he began to contribute. My understanding with Kalia is that he will be able to possibly play this season vs Kentavius who took too long in my opinion.

He'll go on NFI to begin 2022, and hopefully in 2023 he's our starting NT.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Oh hey there!
Originally posted by Deebo:

Oh hey there!
damn Breida.. what happened ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Oh hey there!

That's Ate Clements
At least he's got a sense of humor

Oh hey there!

Originally posted by NCommand:

Oh hey there!

That guy coming at you with Brieda's speed
Everyone laughing except Packers fans who got flash backs of Eddie Lacy
Hopefully they can turn him into DJ Jones 2.0

Steal of this draft class. Danny Gray is 2nd
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Oh hey there!

BEAST MODE II !!!!
so essentially with an ACL post op , we drafted a Redshirt for this yr and with chance of him starting inside in 2023.. Didn't know him until we picked him but i like the thinking and we got him just where you are supposed to take injury talent…6 th rd. Without ACL he goes way, way earlier.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
so essentially with an ACL post op , we drafted a Redshirt for this yr and with chance of him starting inside in 2023.. Didn't know him until we picked him but i like the thinking and we got him just where you are supposed to take injury talent…6 th rd. Without ACL he goes way, way earlier.

ya in last few rounds thats when you swing for the high upside player and a lot of times those are guys who have an injury history

no point in going "safe" in late rounds
[ Edited by ritz126 on May 8, 2022 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

He's definitely quick twitch like a DJ Jones. Quick penetrator in the backfield. Totally worth a 6th round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone