LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

DT-Kalia Davis-UCF 6th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Loving every pick in this draft minus one.

Same here
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I like the pick! I need to dive into the tape, but from the little I've seen of him I've liked. My question is can he consistently hold up or defeat double teams? Because that's primarily how offenses attack our defensive front in the run game, and last season really exposed guys like Givens and Street inside as run defenders.

49ers are literally 1 injury away in Javon Kinlaw from having disastrous run defense. Things could get ugly.

Do what the Rams do

Get the lead and force your opponent to pass

Then your DL can hunt and it removes a weakness

Agreed. Not a bad strategy if you can do it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
who?

Injury prone but ridiculously quick and explosive DT that gets in the backfield in a hurry. Great value at this point in the draft.

I was exciting until I read the "Injury prone" part . Sounds like an Intriguing prospect though.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Best pick of our draft IMO.

Better than our edge rusher.?
Wait is this guy even going to be ready for training camp?
Love it
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

No idea. I'm not sure he'll see much playing time this year anyway with all the talent we have on the D-line
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

No idea. I'm not sure he'll see much playing time this year anyway with all the talent we have on the D-line

In the presser Lynch said he's recovering from a ACL tear and they don't expect him to be ready until a little after the season starts (PUP) . Will take their time with him so he can recover properly and this player reminds him of DJ jones.
[ Edited by da209 on Apr 30, 2022 at 5:21 PM ]
  • dj43
So he will redshirt, or PUP for half the season. Have fresh legs when he comes back.

Another quick disruptive force in the middle with Bosa and Jackson coming off the edge is going to keep some OCs up at night.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
This front is going to be crazy tough, I wonder who makes the 53..what a great problem

DE - Bosa, Ebukam, Jackson, Willis, Turay, Omenihu, Hyder, Ford ( cut ? )

DT - AA, Kinlaw, Hurst, Givens, Ridgeway, Davis
From DE's I'm guessing Willis is gone along with Ford after June 1st.

From DT's I'm thinking they probably let go of Givens and Davis goes on PUP.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LenCat:
missed 8 games last year w/ torn ACL, Opted out of 2020 for covid.

What exactly are you expecting in the late 6th round? The injury issue is one of the reasons why he's available.

Exactly!! This guy has some great to elite traits. Great burst and if he was healthy he would of been easily a 3rd rounder imo. He could be as good as DJ vs the run and BETTER vs the pass. PUP him so we can keep someone like Givens or Ridgeway
[ Edited by elguapo on Apr 30, 2022 at 11:31 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by da209:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

In the presser Lynch said he's recovering from a ACL tear and they don't expect him to be ready until a little after the season starts (PUP) . Will take their time with him so he can recover properly and this player reminds him of DJ jones.
gotta have one of those guys no matter the gm. lol.... really it was a good draft except for this pick. but what the hell
With how much talent we have up front drafting a talented DT that will be on IR all season in the 6th round is a good idea. He will get to sit and learn with the best. It is basically trading a late 6th for a next year pick. But the bonus is that he will already be here for a year. We have a lot of DL leaving after the year. Just one less spot they have to worry about
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Coming off an ACL seems like a good bet that Davis is destined for a trip to the IR out of camp.

Oh Nooozz tho. Our staff will be blamed for not being able to keep him healthy and have no clue at all that we like taking injured players.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brucey72:
With how much talent we have up front drafting a talented DT that will be on IR all season in the 6th round is a good idea. He will get to sit and learn with the best. It is basically trading a late 6th for a next year pick. But the bonus is that he will already be here for a year. We have a lot of DL leaving after the year. Just one less spot they have to worry about

Reminds me a bit of Kentavius Street injury situation. It took him (I think) longer than one year to come up, but he did help us out last year in our run for the Lombardi #6. HOpe Kalia can recover much faster than Kentavius and help out sooner. My peeve with Kentavius was that maybe we could have gotten an edge at his position, and he was on injured reserve like forever before he began to contribute. My understanding with Kalia is that he will be able to possibly play this season vs Kentavius who took too long in my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone