LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

DT-Kalia Davis-UCF 6th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasasssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

He's perfectly well suited for this scheme, is the sort of quick, attacking tackle that can get upfield in a hurry and put some pressure in the QB's face. He's got a great get-off that makes him an intriguing prospect, he also has versatility in having moved all around the DL at UCF after starting at LB.

Downsides are a significant injury history and a motor that kind of comes and goes. There's been concerns about conditioning issues, he's definitely a guy that could benefit from cleaning up his diet and getting less sloppy in terms of his build but he's someone that Kocurek could probably have a ton of success with if he's willing to work. He's fairly raw but the quickness combined with his natural leverage could help him be at least a solid rotational player inside.

Very nice pick by 49ers
The Adam Peters draft looking pretty good
who?
Love this and the Castro pick
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
who?

Injury prone but ridiculously quick and explosive DT that gets in the backfield in a hurry. Great value at this point in the draft.
He has time to develop behind the loaded dline, could see him getting healthy and having a solid career like DJ Jones.
DJ Jones clone?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sounds exactly like Mr. Jones. I love this pick. Wish they would let Peters do the whole draft. 😂

He's smaller than DJ Jones, started out as a LB and worked his way up to DT. Pure 3-tech, tackle with exceptional quickness that is there to rush the quarterback. Different kind of DT, but still could be very useful on this defense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
who?

Injury prone but ridiculously quick and explosive DT that gets in the backfield in a hurry. Great value at this point in the draft.

missed 8 games last year w/ torn ACL, Opted out of 2020 for covid.

Great pick if he can stay on the field! I'd be concerned if Baalke picked him but Peters and Co have been solid mid to late as well as udfa.
[ Edited by Hawaii49er on Apr 30, 2022 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by LenCat:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
who?

missed 8 games last year w/ torn ACL, Opted out of 2020 for covid.

Oh man. Thats bad.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
DJ Jones clone?

I was just going to say that. I wanted to find one and develop like DJ Jones. Maybe different.. but nice potential and depth. Coach Kocurek is happy to add another to our group.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Apr 30, 2022 at 2:38 PM ]
Loving every pick in this draft minus one.
who?

Basically 6th and 7th round.
Share 49ersWebzone