LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

OT-Nick Zakelj-Fordham, 6th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If anyone has the chance to watch his interview you should. I really like how well spoken he was and his knowledge of football. He seems really intelligent and really good at communicating I could see him being great with helping trey identify where the protections need to go and identifying blitzes that and with his athleticism hopefully he would be able to hold up in the interior. I could easily imagine him being a good center for us after learning for a year (hopefully under Mack) and having nfl trainers. don't be surprised if we don't draft center in 2023 if Mack plays this year and retires next year.
[ Edited by Ghostofabshelmet on May 13, 2022 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Paraag pick confirmed.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Paraag pick confirmed.

a Brown fan.. was this not that guy?

wont be surprise if he and Castro end up being the best players we drafted this year..
This dude lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Paraag pick confirmed.

Future Paraag front office assistant.

But seriously, I like the fact that he really is an intellectual and pays attention to a lot of cerebral things. Bodes well for him if he is competing for the center position with Brendal. Kyle's centers need to be extra cerebral due to the Centers responsibilities in figuring out protection stuff.
Lynch on Nick Zakelj: "We really do believe he has center in his future."

I believe this is the reason he was kept on the 53 over Poe, even though I think most ppl would like to see/hear Poe getting reps at C. Maybe during the offseason and into next year he can get some work there. Also a little surprised we haven't added West to the PS. We still have a few spots open, maybe he will eventually be added.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Paraag pick confirmed.

a Brown fan.. was this not that guy?

wont be surprise if he and Castro end up being the best players we drafted this year..

This didn't age well:)
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

I believe this is the reason he was kept on the 53 over Poe, even though I think most ppl would like to see/hear Poe getting reps at C. Maybe during the offseason and into next year he can get some work there. Also a little surprised we haven't added West to the PS. We still have a few spots open, maybe he will eventually be added.

Interesting find. Def the reason he made the team. Thank you for posting.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Could also explain why they didn't even bring West back to the PQ.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

I concur. Thanks for the post. I guess he will be competing for the C spot next year.

a 6'5" center? alex mack was 6'4" so i guess it's not crazy
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
a 6'5" center? alex mack was 6'4" so i guess it's not crazy
It's not when your QB is 6'4"
Yea gotta be hard for a 6'5 guy to get leverage on these 6'1 wrecking balls on the d line
Not a fan of this move. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think we'd be better off looking at a higher upside rookie or FA next offseason.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Could also explain why they didn't even bring West back to the PQ.

No one has picked West up as far as I know, even for a practice squad. I'm guessing he just didn't impress.
Share 49ersWebzone