LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Another high character guy who loved football and is a hard worker - should be a great addition to the locker room and culture!

wish this kid the best and the 10 years he wants to play in the NFL - that he makes 49ers 10 year club with Staley
Originally posted by tankle104:
Another high character guy who loved football and is a hard worker - should be a great addition to the locker room and culture!

wish this kid the best and the 10 years he wants to play in the NFL - that he makes 49ers 10 year club with Staley

Kid knows the position

Seems like a really good guy with his head on straight.

Sticks with the community, Nice.

Took all the senior reps that he could. Wow. No agent b******t. Refreshing. Hope it works out.

Already like his frame more than aaron "buffet king" banks. This is a second level guy.

Maybe needs a year lifting to play with the big boys. SO what?

A reasonable prospect with good character at a position of need.

Remind me -- why can't we make picks like this all the time?

(Is it true he's 21?) (Good luck in camp SPencer)
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kid knows the position

that must be a hell of a table, the dude looks small next to it.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Kid knows the position

He's got some huge ass hands though.

Yah he's still a bit undersized, but he's a solid athlete so him adding some muscle mass shouldn't make him slower.

And ya, he sounds like a real student of the game, gotta like that
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 30, 2022 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Seems like a really good guy with his head on straight.

Sticks with the community, Nice.

Took all the senior reps that he could. Wow. No agent b******t. Refreshing. Hope it works out.

Already like his frame more than aaron "buffet king" banks. This is a second level guy.

Maybe needs a year lifting to play with the big boys. SO what?

A reasonable prospect with good character at a position of need.

Remind me -- why can't we make picks like this all the time?

(Is it true he's 21?) (Good luck in camp SPencer)

Ya I think he will need a year. But I like this pick much more than Banks last year. Hopefully both pan out though. This kid looks solid though, just needs to hit the weights more and learn this OL scheme which isn't easy.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
"Burford is still just 21 years old after four years as a starter for UTSA. He never allowed more than 15 pressures in a season over his college career, he allowed just two sacks for the entire 2021 season"

I like the sound of that. Sounds like he has plenty of room for Improvement. High character guy too.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Kid knows the position

He's got some huge ass hands though.

Nah he's still a bit undersized, but he's a solid athlete so him adding some muscle mass shouldn't make him slower.

And ya, he sounds like a real student of the game, gotta like that

watched the video...

You are right..dude is likeable....

He does seem to easily explain his approach to blocking rather well. Grounded down to earth guy. Like 200% no diva. Reminds me of the Toronto Raptors forward Precious. Low key and intelligent.
I like him more than Aaron Banks
I actually like this draft for the Niners, we didn't need any immediate starters, but we got a lot of guys who will be FA's after this year, and we drafted pretty much most of their replacements. The RB in the 3rd was a little head scratcher, but if we basically assured Deebo he won't be in the backfield this year, adding another RB was needed with how we always seem to lose them during the year. Mostert being gone is huge as far as getting a RB in here who can actually stay on the field. I see Mitchell-Wilson as our 1-2, with Sermon+Rookie making the 53, and Hasty going to the PS, that makes us 5 deep at RB, Danny Gray+RayRay will probably get our WR sweeps that Deebo used to get, so now Deebo can just stay at WR and hopefully stay healthy.

Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I actually like this draft for the Niners, we didn't need any immediate starters, but we got a lot of guys who will be FA's after this year, and we drafted pretty much most of their replacements. The RB in the 3rd was a little head scratcher, but if we basically assured Deebo he won't be in the backfield this year, adding another RB was needed with how we always seem to lose them during the year. Mostert being gone is huge as far as getting a RB in here who can actually stay on the field. I see Mitchell-Wilson as our 1-2, with Sermon+Rookie making the 53, and Hasty going to the PS, that makes us 5 deep at RB, Danny Gray+RayRay will probably get our WR sweeps that Deebo used to get, so now Deebo can just stay at WR and hopefully stay healthy.

Deebo should still get sweeps it's the damn running between the tackles he should never see again
Probably my favorite pick.
I love that they basically drafted Trent Williams' son.
This guy seems like the type of player/person that will give us 10 awesome years of play and great locker room leadership - retire and then be a huge 49ers fan the rest of his life. Hahaha hopefully I'm right because those type of players are the best, and usually my favorites
Didnt know who this guy was before Friday but after doing my research, I think this guy is a start at some point in 2022. Dont know if its at OG or OT, because he looks great at both. His feet are definitely quick enough to be RT and he has enough power (which he could add more) to play OG. I love his IQ and intensity in the run game. He flies to his assigned blocks and lays defenders out
Share 49ersWebzone