There are 142 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Watch Trent Williams, practice against Bosa
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Aaron Banks days are numbered

I know I can't believe a rookie isn't ready to play in the nfl his first year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice scheme fit. Dude was moving up draft boards

in the short homework ive done looks like he needs to add some weight. dont think he can be a good anchor in pass protection yet on the inside. But very athlethic and finishes blocks well
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by evil:
I have no idea what the plan is.... But what if the plan is Banks at LG and this kid competes at RG with DB while Moore is the swing T?

I think it's likely Lynch has been telling the truth. The team really thinks Banks and Moore are ready to step up. This pick makes me think Brunskill moves to swing tackle (barring Mack returns) and this kid will compete with Mckivitz.

I'm thinking the same. Just posted in the OL thread about it. Banks was highly regarded coming out of Notre Dame as a pass protector. We have no evidence that he is ready, but his pedigree says he should okay.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Banks was a bit raw i don't think he was ever expected to start in year 1
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Aaron Banks days are numbered

Our line is so stacked too with soo much depth!
He gets my stamp of approval from his name alone.

Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
He gets my stamp of approval from his name alone.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Seems to have the traits they look for in an OL

So he can't pass block?
Par value generally speaking as far as this class, but could be good in our system. Time will tell.

Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice scheme fit. Dude was moving up draft boards

in the short homework ive done looks like he needs to add some weight. dont think he can be a good anchor in pass protection yet on the inside. But very athlethic and finishes blocks well

Ya, a good athlete, solid length as well that should help in pass pro. Definitely needs to get a bit bigger though. But I like this pick. Not sure if he can be a starter this year, but solid value for a 4th rounder.
I like this pick. He could be someone.
Hopefully this kid isn't a pansy like Aaron and can get on the field.
"Burford is still just 21 years old after four years as a starter for UTSA. He never allowed more than 15 pressures in a season over his college career, he allowed just two sacks for the entire 2021 season"
Hopefully, he's never late to an OL meeting

Share 49ersWebzone