LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Good swing player. Immediate competition with Moore and McKivitz.
Overview

Long-armed guard/tackle prospect who is fueled by energy and athletic ability. Burford has the foot quickness and agility teams are looking for as a move blocker but his play can be rushed and unfocused, which can turn a win into a loss on any given rep. He needs to add muscle mass and drop the pad level, but has enough bend in his lower half to become a more consistent drive blocker with technique work. He can do a better job of uncorking a stiffer punch into rushers but he gets the most out of his length in pass protection and has the recovery athleticism to make up for missteps. Burford's physical traits and positional flexibility give him a head start in chasing a roster spot.
He's played every position on the O-Line except Center. Great versatility. 43 game starter at UTSA. Good fit.
Seems to have the traits they look for in an OL
Future All-Pro.
Lots of versatility.

Know next to nothing about him. Hope he works out. Thought Kinnard would have been better, but……

Welcome to the 49ers!

Nice pick up. Maybe needs to add another 10lbs. The guy can move and get to the second level. Looks like a perfect fit at guard
Cant complain about adding some oline help

he moves very well for a big guy - fits our running scheme perfectly from that standpoint. This will be an interesting training camp at the G.

i like our draft so far
They badly needed some competition at G, so not complaining. I see him being a guard in the short term.
I love this pick. He can play 4 positions. He adds depth and helps in case of injuries. He seems pretty athletic on tape too. He's big enough.

Aaron Banks days are numbered
Welcome to the Bay Area he gets and upgrade from those big ol women in San Antonio
Share 49ersWebzone