There are 132 users in the forums

WR-Danny Gray-SMU, 3rd round 2022 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by stefano89:
He's hella fast that's awesome, but can he play guard?

because with our current OL whoever our QB is will never have time to get him the ball

apparently we have QB that can "buy time" so there's that
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Fap fap fap. John Lynch I'm sorry for bad mouthing you. You have redeemed yourself
Good burner. But just like with Marquise Goodwin, these track athletes have issues staying healthy after they get punched in the mouth. I hope he has a long career
Originally posted by tankle104:
First 3 rounds are over. Do we really think a 4th rd OLmen is gonna start on this team. No.
OL play was not spectacular last season if Moore or banks was any good they woulda been put in. But I agree the team seems to believe in those two so it looks like they are betting on them. A risky bet considering our record at OL.

hope this means Mack is returning cause if he isn't we are rolling with brunskill at C, meaning we are f**ked

I feel like people on here over exaggerate how bad our O line was last year - it wasn't bad, just not one of the best units. We can use an upgrade in a few spots but really just need banks to develop this off-season and we are in pretty good shape. I do agree it wouldn't be bad to draft some guys, but I'm not overly worried.

the rams decimated it in the NFCC but that d line was nuts and abused everyone this post season.

Jimmy's lack of outside the numbers / deep threat ability also helps defenses stack the box, something Lance should help alleviate.
I feel like people on here over exaggerate how bad our O line was last year - it wasn't bad, just not one of the best units. We can use an upgrade in a few spots but really just need banks to develop this off-season and we are in pretty good shape. I do agree it wouldn't be bad to draft some guys, but I'm not overly worried.

the rams decimated it in the NFCC but that d line was nuts and abused everyone this post season.

we were injured against the rams though up front

but the OL is the up there with the main reason we lost both of our last playoff games against the chiefs and Rams imo. We allowed greater than a 25% pressure rate against the rams thats unacceptable
Quick slants, WR hand offs, and deep routes, speed kills.

I think it's pretty bad as it currently stands. Losing Tomlinson hurts. We have a center on the verge of retirement. Our RT Is coming back from a serious Injury, and to top It off, Banks Is looking like a bust... At least we Invested In a franchise QB though.. we may need to Invest again in the near future with all the hits he's about to take.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I think it's pretty bad as it currently stands. Losing Tomlinson hurts. We have a center on the verge of retirement. Our RT Is coming back from a serious Injury, and to top It off, Banks Is looking like a bust... At least we Invested In a franchise QB though.. we may need to Invest again in the near future with all the hits he's about to take.

Banks hasnt played so i wouldnt say he is looking like a bust
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Quick slants, WR hand offs, and deep routes, speed kills.

Maybe he'll be the one who replaces Deebo on those hand - offs 🤔
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Predator85:
He's hella fast that's awesome, but can he play guard?

because with our current OL whoever our QB is will never have time to get him the ball

We invested in Banks and Moore, time to see them play imo.

Yep. And I'm sure we will take OL, plenty of ammo to move up.

First 3 rounds are over. Do we really think a 4th rd OLmen is gonna start on this team. No.
OL play was not spectacular last season if Moore or banks was any good they woulda been put in. But I agree the team seems to believe in those two so it looks like they are betting on them. A risky bet considering our record at OL.

hope this means Mack is returning cause if he isn't we are rolling with brunskill at C, meaning we are f**ked

I'll trust Forster and Kyle here. They see them everyday in practice, I'm sure if they felt like it wasn't good enough, we would've drafted OL by now

• krizay
  • Veteran

Mobile QB= OL not a priority. Only statues need a good OL.

So I've been led to believe
Just watched his highlights looked like I was watching highlights from Emmanuel Sanders college days at SMU
I think these last 2 picks are to add depth to our team, but also help take those things away from Deebo. If we really want Deebo here long term, he needs to not be in the backfield, he already gets hurt without being back there.
In truth, no fan base is satisfied with their OL, and OL talent across the league is on average weaker than DL talent. A product of weak OL play in the college game for 20-25 years now.

I actually forgot about thomlinson - maybe we get a nice vet after June 1st cuts? I fully expect a high round O line pick next year
Share 49ersWebzone