LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

RB-Tyrion Davis-Price-LSU

Shop 49ers game tickets
I like this pick more and more all the time.
He's gonna have an impact day 1.. we are moving to being a more physical club.. he's the most physical back on the roster.
He even drew our logo from memory.. check it out..

• thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He even drew our logo from memory.. check it out..

nailed it
This 3rd rounder is a pretty significant acquisition.

"Shanahan's don't draft RB's high...no need too."

Welp...this is certainly a philosophical change.

He moves from OZ RB's like Breida and Mostert who were hurt annually to drafting MItchell, Sermon and TDP. Ironically two of them got injured too multiple times. LOL.

But, he's taking no chances here now! If he has to stack this RB unit 8 deep, he will. So if there was any question about his run-centric focus this year, there shouldn't be now. He's mad serious about this running game.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 25, 2022 at 5:25 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

He moves from OZ RB's like Breida and Mostert who were hurt annually to drafting MItchell, Sermon and TDP. Ironically two of them got injured too multiple times. LOL.

But, he's taking no chances here now! If he has to stack this RB unit 8 deep, he will. So if there was any question about his run-centric focus this year, there shouldn't be now. He's mad serious about this running game.

Add a running QB to all the drafted running backs and run blocking OLInemen - and yeah - he's definitely a run first coach.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Add a running QB to all the drafted running backs and run blocking OLInemen - and yeah - he's definitely a run first coach.

10000000%
I'm down with TDP
(yeah you know me)
I'm down with TDP
(yeah you know me)

Who down with TDP
Every last homie

I have high hopes for TDP, excited to see him get some snaps in the preseason games.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I have high hopes for TDP, excited to see him get some snaps in the preseason games.

Was a little perplexed at the time of the pick, but pretty pumped to see what he can do,

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Was a little perplexed at the time of the pick, but pretty pumped to see what he can do,

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you were not alone in thinking this.
Having a very solid camp so far.

Him and Mitchell are gonna make a solid 1 2 punch

I dont think that will ever change although with Trey he may run a passing play that is more than 3 yards pass the line of scrimmage.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

I dont think that will ever change although with Trey he may run a passing play that is more than 3 yards pass the line of scrimmage.

Slow down...baby steps. Haha
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Having a very solid camp so far.

Him and Mitchell are gonna make a solid 1 2 punch

IF all things go well, then I agree 💯%. Still a bit too early, and I'd like to see how they play in pre-season myself before making that judgment.

Also still hoping Trey Sermon makes that 2nd year leap in production. Mitchell, TDP, Sermon, Jeff Wilson - that's going to help in the heath and rotation department if you have to go 22 games.
Share 49ersWebzone