LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What role do you seeing him filling next year? Will he get more snaps? Do we need another edge rusher? No one gets home to the qb seems other then Bosa.
Originally posted by 49ersgoldme2021:
What role do you seeing him filling next year? Will he get more snaps? Do we need another edge rusher? No one gets home to the qb seems other then Bosa.

1. That's up to him he needs to have some serious gains this off season
2. Probably
3. Yes
He will step up. Like a Aaron Banks situation except Drake got on the field and actually produced the first half of the year.
I like this kid, he knows a little bit more of what it's all about. I think he has to get stronger, he could be a breakout threat.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I like this kid, he knows a little bit more of what it's all about. I think he has to get stronger, he could be a breakout threat.

I concur, he has a plethoraaaaaaa of pass rush moves, an elite bend and he can swat balls like nobody's business
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I concur, he has a plethoraaaaaaa of pass rush moves, an elite bend and he can swat balls like nobody's business

+1 on both
Originally posted by 49ersgoldme2021:

He'll probably be used predominantly in passing situations.

Yes to the other two questions.
I think his issue may have been with the coaches. He must have been freestyling instead of doing what he was told. He clearly has the athleticism.

Year two will be interesting.
I have no concerns about him, I think he'll be damn good.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think his issue may have been with the coaches. He must have been freestyling instead of doing what he was told. He clearly has the athleticism.

KS bringing back the old doghouse

Drake is still very young. Eventually he'll get that grown man strength!
He's already in Santa Clara working. He'll be improved with the awareness of what to expect. He's got an opportunity to start. I'm excited to see his maturation.
Omeni-who ...Drake time
there might not be a better gig in the entire NFL for Drake next year.

A DC who will blitz and keep the offense guessing, proven DTs that will almost always eat a double team between them, and an absolute stud DE on the other side...that teams have to game plan for. Some one has to be single blocked and Drake mostly likely will see the least double team blocks week in and week out.

At least for us fans...we will know exactly what he is, there should not be much grey left in our opinion given the circumstances.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

KS bringing back the old doghouse

I think a snippet on one of the post game pressers they talked about this. Essentially that Drake hit the rookie wall last season and that was that for him. Hoping he grinds this offseasom and comes in ready for a full NFL year.
Share 49ersWebzone