LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Out again, damn.
Can't believe he's still inactive
rookie is a one trick pony right now, will develop his game more next year and be solid in the rotation
Originally posted by dhp318:

Agreed
Not surprised he is inactive. I won't trust him to pass rush with discipline in this game. We need to do our best to make Jalen Hurts beat us in the pocket.

Just to clarified, I am still high on him for next season.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 29, 2023 at 11:20 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Agreed

Is he hurt?
Hopefully someone other than Bosa can get to Hurts. If we are unable to pressure him it's game over
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
What on earth
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Hopefully someone other than Bosa can get to Hurts. If we are unable to pressure him it's game over

It won't be game over, but it'll make easier for Hurts to go through all his progressions.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Not surprised he is inactive. I won't trust him to pass rush with discipline in this game. We need to do our best to make Jalen Hurts beat us in the pocket.

Just to clarified, I am still high on him for next season.

This. This game we need gap integrity and discipline on RPOs. Would love his athleticism for chasing down Hurts but unfortunately he just hasn't earned the trust of Ryan's.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jan 29, 2023 at 11:40 AM ]

I have big expectations for Drake next year. As long as he hits the weights and keeps working on his technique, I expect him to become a fixture in our DL.

Improve those hands, young blood. Beat the hands, beat the man.
"I think Drake showed what he can be, but he needs to become what he can be" - Shanny

"His body needs to get right" - Shanny

Looks like Shanahan saw it the same. Drake needs to bust his ass off this offseason because he has the talent.
Originally posted by Heroism:
"I think Drake showed what he can be, but he needs to become what he can be" - Shanny

Looks like Shanahan saw it the same. Drake needs to bust his ass off this offseason because he has the talent.

Hope he does just that. He needs to work a bit more with his dad, and/or with the D line coach.

If not Drake Jackson, and I hope he is him, we need to find someone to be the stalwart bookend pass-rusher/run stopper opposite Nick Bosa.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I noticed that as well. Looking a little sloppy at the end there, bud.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I noticed that as well. Looking a little sloppy at the end there, bud.

Yeah, but he'll be good if he's serious about his strength training and diet this offseason. This dude is only 21 years old! Give him a year or two in an NFL weight room, some Mexican supplements and watch the f**k out.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 1, 2023 at 12:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone