LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bosa and an AA rarely do so why not see what the kid can do? Definitely could use Drakes's athleticism. Might need to inactive Kinlaw

Imma roll with this train of thought lol. Needed something to feel better about after the omenihu update.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think he could be up this week. His athleticism would be good to have against Hurts. I just don't know how you work the numbers.

Easy; activate him instead of Kinlaw. I'd even put him in at DT over Kinlaw; couldn't possibly be worse

Experiment in the NFC title. Brilliant.

Yea but you know if Drake makes 1 play it will be a success. Sometimes moves like this seem brilliant. It's not like he'd play every down
Drake has been good about deflecting balls at the LoS so that can be helpful against a 6'1" QB
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
I think he could be up this week. His athleticism would be good to have against Hurts. I just don't know how you work the numbers.

Easy; activate him instead of Kinlaw. I'd even put him in at DT over Kinlaw; couldn't possibly be worse

The team still has to defend against the run.

Agreed. Kinlaw while limited is still a needed body against the run.
Originally posted by Silky:

I was watching some NFL show this morning and they mentioned Kinlaw as one of our good Dlinemen. I cringed. I think they just look at his draft status and assume he's been good for us. Quite the opposite. Not really doing anything bad or good. Just there. Activate Drake

And play him at DT. Just because. Brilliant.
time for Big Drake's nuts to drop for this game
Originally posted by Hopper:

Its shocking how much we take our run defense for granted right now. Remember 2016,
LOL WTF has Kinlaw done for our run defense? We were better when he wasn't active. Watch the games again and focus on him. Dude gets easily washed one on one; doesn't know where the ball is and is noticeably slow and robotic with zero moves. Yes I will say again that Drake can easily replicate what Kinlaw has been providing us at DT; with the added bonus of possibly batting some balls down.
LOL WTF has Kinlaw done for our run defense? We were better when he wasn't active. Watch the games again and focus on him. Dude gets easily washed one on one; doesn't know where the ball is and is noticeably slow and robotic with zero moves. Yes I will say again that Drake can easily replicate what Kinlaw has been providing us at DT; with the added bonus of possibly batting some balls down.

I think Kin could play if it wasn't for the knees it all starts and ends there for him. I don't think he ever got that base right.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think Kin could play if it wasn't for the knees it all starts and ends there for him. I don't think he ever got that base right.

Kinlaw is better than our practice squad DTs

We lost our main run stuffer Hassan Ridgeway so deal with Kinlaw bc he is better than the alternative

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Its shocking how much we take our run defense for granted right now. Remember 2016,

Pretty much. We need all hands on deck for a top five rushing attack.
time to step up kid
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Kinlaw is better than our practice squad DTs

We lost our main run stuffer Hassan Ridgeway so deal with Kinlaw bc he is better than the alternative

Dwumfour is better than Kinlaw. The only reason the one-legged pirate is active is because he is a 1. Hyder, Givens, AA and McGill are all better and if Omenihu is active he is better. Activate Drake and sit the gimp.
I really hope he's active today. I doubt it though.
We need this dude on the field to chase down hurts
Share 49ersWebzone