LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Love the speed/bend/length. He's gonna be a DPR to start off…one thing I didn't like about him (from what I watched) is the lack of violence at the POA. His hands/strength overall isn't really there yet. Coach K isn't gonna let that slide.
Yup, Ford is gone after June 1st. It sucks Ford was always hurt, but glad we're finally moving off him. Jimmy should be next off the roster at some point, if the Texans really are interested in Jimmy, then just get the deal done for some 2023 draft picks, and lets turn the page, also freeing up that money would allow us to get Deebo+Bosa extended.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Boom!

Nice pickup to help Bosa
Love his highlights. Actually makes damn plays. Only 21. Does he have a shot at being our second best edge rusher after Bosa?
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 29, 2022 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

This maybe not highest need but still a need and easily BPA.

It's not a high priority need (OL, S, CB are), but a Ebukam, Willis, and Omenihu are free agents next year. Great pick and possible Ford replacement. Will we keep all these guys?
Nick just got his Greg Townsend
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
They said LB Drake Jackson I'm guessing he playing SAM the strong side he is physical

LB as in stand up edge rusher in a 3-4 front.

Sam is an off-ball LB position in our defense. Drake Jackson is an edge rusher.

Thanks for the lesson greatly appreciated bud

Reminds More like Charles Haley with his stand up style

Reminds me of Hall of Famer Charles Haley too, except for the part in the scouting reports that say he is weak and a little soft.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

wearing 19problemz

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

This maybe not highest need but still a need and easily BPA.

It's not a high priority need (OL, S, CB are), but a Ebukam, Willis, and Omenihu are free agents next year. Great pick and possible Ford replacement. Will we keep all these guys?

i think EDGE was actually a pretty big need

Ford is good but hes not on the field a lot we didnt have that consistent pass rusher outside Bosa. This is a great pick he was the best EDGE available and his upside is huge. Has to add a bit of strength though but he has all the tools to be an elite pass rusher just has to hit the weight room
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Imagine if Kinlaw can stay healthy and Ford can play 15-20 meaningful snaps

Bruh don't even do it to yourself with any expectations for Ford
You can never have enough DL. We survived in Dallas for this reason (even after bosa went out). Platoon DL, keep them fresh. It worked last year, it worked in 2019 & 2020.
Outstanding pick for sure.
Looks like he likes cheeseburgers with fries lol
Share 49ersWebzone