LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimrat:
This guy physically reminds me of Richard Dent, hopefully production matches

For some reason I thought he was lighter than his listed weight at 273, must have been from his weight changes at USC. Dude has tree trunks for arms
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
For some reason I thought he was lighter than his listed weight at 273, must have been from his weight changes at USC. Dude has tree trunks for arms

I don't think that 273 number is accurate. He looks bigger than he did in college not but 273. That's heavier than Bosa. Also, they showed him listed at 6-4 but he's 6-2 5/8.
Any news? Kyle said he THOUGHT it was a stinger
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Dude looked explosive yesterday I'm so glad it's a minor injury.

Tim Ryan was comping him to Bruce Smith I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand Papa or Ryan. Papa calling Ryan T-Rock all night is as cringy as his Trey Area call from last year, or his TD call. Old rich dude trying to act hip and use young peoples vernacular is so lame.

I love Papa. Seems like he'd be a blast to get drunk with
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Tim Ryan was comping him to Bruce Smith I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand Papa or Ryan. Papa calling Ryan T-Rock all night is as cringy as his Trey Area call from last year, or his TD call. Old rich dude trying to act hip and use young peoples vernacular is so lame.

Yeah true that. If Bluesbro listened to him on the radio every day he'd realize that Papa actually is cool. Old rich guy misconception. He seems really down to earth and pretty funny. Great hire and really one of the best broadcasters out there. Tim Ryan's energy is also enjoyable for me. I like hearing the broadcasters get just as excited as I am on big plays. I also appreciate the homerism of the two, even if that's not a word.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Any news? Kyle said he THOUGHT it was a stinger

When it's a stinger, it's obvious because it's a temporary loss of feeling. They probably gave him an X-ray in the back to check for broken bones, and Drake likely regained complete feeling in his shoulder back in the lockerroom to confirm it was a stinger.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Small sample size but I would be really, really sad if the Niners didn´t draft him. He seems to be born to be an edge rusher.
Hear Tim Ryan say he reminds me of BRUCE SMITH
I forgot his number watching the game and I kept thinking damn, who is 95? Keep him!!!

The Stuart Scott effect
Originally posted by Heroism:
When it's a stinger, it's obvious because it's a temporary loss of feeling. They probably gave him an X-ray in the back to check for broken bones, and Drake likely regained complete feeling in his shoulder back in the lockerroom to confirm it was a stinger.

Whew! Put him on ice for the rest of preseason and use him like aldon
  • 91til
  • Veteran

Agree totally

edit: well, I wouldn't say I can't stand them. Agree with the bolded though
[ Edited by 91til on Aug 13, 2022 at 11:55 AM ]

I like Papa as a radio guy but as an announcer I don't like him. And Ryan is pretty cringe I agree completely. But he's better calling games than Papa IMO.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I like him too. He brings enthusiasm.
Share 49ersWebzone