LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Niners sign CB Charvarius "Mooney" Ward

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I am not on social media ... that said, ... Thoughts and prayers to the Ward family, especially baby girl Ward.

This. Prayers up!
  • dj43
Praying for knowledge and wisdom for her doctors for a successful procedure and speedy recovery.
Ward noted in social media that his daughter is out of surgery and "on the road to recovery."
Report on C. Ward's daughter
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Ward noted in social media that his daughter is out of surgery and "on the road to recovery."
Report on C. Ward's daughter
That's good to hear, man that is so scary. Surgery with a small child is pretty rough on the parents. Really puts in perspective these guys aren't just some kind of well conditioned machines, they're real people with real problems and challenges.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Apr 11, 2023 at 8:22 PM ]
🙏🙏🙏
Here's to a speedy recovery for the little one.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
He had another good game. What a great FA signing by Shanahan and Lynch.
  • thl408
Originally posted by pdc20:

I remember the hype was about Gilmore and JC Jackson that off-season. Glad the 49ers went with a somewhat under the radar free agent in Mooney. He's been worth the money.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by pdc20:

I remember the hype was about Gilmore and JC Jackson that off-season. Glad the 49ers went with a somewhat under the radar free agent in Mooney. He's been worth the money.

has met and surpassed every expectations thus far IMO.
Might be the most over paid player on defense. No where near a shutdown corner, in fact he is being targeted. If ye doesn't give up the catch he more than likely gets a flag. Only starting Db worse than Ward is Oliver.

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Might be the most over paid player on defense. No where near a shutdown corner, in fact he is being targeted. If ye doesn't give up the catch he more than likely gets a flag. Only starting Db worse than Ward is Oliver.
DL needs to help him and the rest of the secondary

Going to have to agree to differ on this.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

it was never a blockbuster signing, but he is doing his job.. he had a very good season last year, and is having an average season thus far...

.. but some of the penalties he's gotten was not even legit..

I have no complaint about Ward... except, he can't dress or does not look good in his uniform.. NO STYLE..
he's just an average CB. Not terrible. But don't expect him to lock ppl down
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 8, 2023 at 11:56 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
he's just an average CB. Not terrible. But don't expect him to lock ppl down

I think he's above average, sure he's made some mistakes but overall he's been a stud for the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone