LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Anthony Lynn, offensive coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Discuss.

Anthony Lynn is being hired as the Assistant Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers, per league sources. Lynn - who had other NFL and college offers - is expected to now be a key cog in the 49ers' offense and run game.

Love it. Former Niner '95-'96. Former NFL HC and RB coach and OC.
Can take over for Bobby Turner when he's finished, since he's 72 now.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Good move, anything to make Trey's 1st year as a starter easier
Nice! Can see Lynn helping expand this offense, especially with Lance at QB1. He was also on the Niners in the '90s.
Is this in anticipation of McDaniel being hired? This is great. This guy will be a HC again in this league.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Feb 4, 2022 at 4:35 PM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
This gives us the tingle
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Is this in anticipation of McDaniel being hired? This is great. This guy will be a HC again in this league.

Possibly or this explains why the TE coach was getting his assistant HC title taken away.
This is a great hire!

Wonder if this is also a sign of McDaniel getting the gig? McDaniel as we all know was the run game coordinator, Lynn is known for the run game prowess as well

This will be worth a 3rd round comp in a year or 2
Love it! Great for the rbs.
  • dj43
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

That was my question as well. We should know soon.

Is this in anticipation of an announcement of Bobby Turner's retirement?

I like this move as it brings in another strong voice on the offense that can help Kyle in blending the new Trey Lance offense into the overall package.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This is a great hire!

Wonder if this is also a sign of McDaniel getting the gig? McDaniel as we all know was the run game coordinator, Lynn is known for the run game prowess as well

Bobby turner is also 72....
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This will be worth a 3rd round comp in a year or 2

Me and you think alike
Share 49ersWebzone