LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

49ers 2022 Pro Bowlers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
The biggest names missing from the 5 (but did make it as alternates) are Fred Warner, and Jimmy Ward. Jimmy Ward probably didn't have enough interceptions and wow plays. However, Fred missing it suggests that he is underplaying his contract which expects him to be one of the best LB in the league. It isn't like he is playing bad, he is still good enough to be an alternate, but I was expecting a little more out of him this year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
In what world does Kyler Murry get Selected over Stafford And Lamar Jackson get Selected over Josh Allen?

Stafford- 4,142 Yards Passing - 35 TD 10 Int - 108.2 RTG
Murry- 3,039 Yards Passing - 20 TD 10 Int - 102.3 RTG - Rushing Yards 270 - 5 TD

Allen- 3,734 Passing yards - 31 TD 12 INT- 95.9 RTG- 555 Rushing yards- 4 TD
Jackson -2,882 Passing Yards - 16 TD 13 INT- 87.0 RTG - 767 Rushing Yards - 2 TD

Stafford has The 2nd best QBR in the NFL. 3rd most passing Yards. 2nd Most TD passes. I don't know how a QB gets snubbed that bad.
Allen might not have had his best year but his numbers are so much better than Jacksons'. This shows why the Pro Bowl selection needs a different format. No excuse for these snubs. It is not like it is an unknown player up against a well-known player either. And all the teams have winning records.

Your argument right here is the very reason I can't frickin stand the Pro Bowl!!!

Its like players are getting in off their names alone.

Yeah, A lot of it is just one big popularity contest. The thing that surprises me most about this particular situation. Is both Allen and Stafford had a lot of buzz and hype around them coming into the season. Early in the year, they were being talked up and talked about often. So it wasn't like they came out of nowhere and surprised people with good seasons. For them to have that hype and name recognition in addition to putting way superior numbers to the other two. And them still not getting selected is really surprising to me. I wish they would just use a different system to select who gets into the Pro Bowl so this would stop happening.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Your argument right here is the very reason I can't frickin stand the Pro Bowl!!!

Its like players are getting in off their names alone.

You just mad cause not here anymore
Originally posted by RunFrankieRun21:
DeForest Buckner... Oh wait AFC Select

Should have kept him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL at Wishnowsky and Cannon! And Warner has had a pretty poor year. But hey, the more the merrier.

I have to think Cannon is a sympathy vote because of what happened to him. With Wishnowsky it's probally because he is the only punter drafted within the 1st 4 RD's.

Yeah, Cannon hasn't even played that much.
Originally posted by mayo49:

You guys are forgetting that he wasn't just our kick returner, dude was a special teams ace and leading that unit in tackles. No doubt he's been missed on that end
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by mayo49:

You guys are forgetting that he wasn't just our kick returner, dude was a special teams ace and leading that unit in tackles. No doubt he's been missed on that end

Your right - I have forgotten about that.
With this list plus jimmy aiyuk ward armstead jones azeez kwaun wilson mitchell. You might wonder why we are 8 and 6. Plus lots of other contrinutors who are hurt.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
who gives a rats patoot about probowls

If you're a fan of a team you should pull for the deserving players to get recognized for their efforts.
Imagine Buckner next to Bosa. 😲 Man, we really blew that one. Knew it from the beginning. This would have been the most dominant defensive line…

Chose ford traded buckner. Know the fo would like to have that back. Easy call for captain hindsight.
Originally posted by AllenB2609:
Imagine Buckner next to Bosa. 😲 Man, we really blew that one. Knew it from the beginning. This would have been the most dominant defensive line…

We had them both in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Affirmative action, perhaps?
More like affirmative wokeness. We're seeing this across all areas of entertainment.

I'd rather selections be made based on FF points. And I hate FF.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
We had them both in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs
Yep. You don't need a good Oline to beat a good pass rush. You just need crappy officials.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Affirmative action, perhaps?
More like affirmative wokeness. We're seeing this across all areas of entertainment.

I'd rather selections be made based on FF points. And I hate FF.

Whatever you want to call it. When the difference in stats stand out that much, there must be a serious flaw in the way they select pro bowlers.
Share 49ersWebzone