• Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Thanks, jonny.

Absolutely agree!

Jonny Del
Awesome! Greatest hits of JonnyDel
  • thl408
Let's get jd to 10K subs!

On the second MIN TD, I don't think Hufanga was in a tough spot - I think that's poor awareness by Hufanga. He should see that the underneath route has the attention of Norman and Moseley, there is no need to triple cover it - get his head on a swivel and find the deep crosser.

Nice explanation of WR motion and how it helps the run game.

I know it's hard to notice, but did you see an instance where the 49ers came out with 11 personnel where Deebo is a threat to play RB, MIN matches with base (4 DBs), then the 49ers threw the ball? I know most defenses will see Wilson, Deebo, Aiyuk, JJennings, Kittle (11 personnel) and trot out their nickel (5 DBs), then the 49ers play it like 21 personnel (Wilson/Deebo as RBs) giving the 49ers a run game advantage. I'm waiting for defenses to treat this 49ers package as base and the 49ers take advantage in the passing game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

On the second MIN TD, I don't think Hufanga was in a tough spot - I think that's poor awareness by Hufanga. He should see that the underneath route has the attention of Norman and Moseley, there is no need to triple cover it - get his head on a swivel and find the deep crosser.

I know it's hard to notice, but did you see an instance where the 49ers came out with 11 personnel where Deebo is a threat to play RB, MIN matches with base (4 DBs), then the 49ers threw the ball? I know most defenses will see Wilson, Deebo, Aiyuk, JJennings, Kittle (11 personnel) and trot out their nickel (5 DBs), then the 49ers play it like 21 personnel (Wilson/Deebo as RBs) giving the 49ers a run game advantage. I'm waiting for defenses to treat this 49ers package as base and the 49ers take advantage in the passing game.

Kyle is playing multi-dimensional chess, whereas everybody else is playing checkers. ...and is one or three steps ahead of most (if not all) defensive coordinators.
Originally posted by thl408:

I guess the biggest reason I said they were in a tough spot was because our LB's bit so hard - along with Tartt. We were left with little in terms of coverage and with Ward having to cover the leak player Hufunga and Moseley were in a weird place. I mean, Moseley was taking off after Jefferson on a shallow crosser and Hufunga was sort of as well because Jefferson had 4 yards on Moseley. Because everything fell apart, there really wasn't a way to win on the play by the back end.
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I guess the biggest reason I said they were in a tough spot was because our LB's bit so hard - along with Tartt. We were left with little in terms of coverage and with Ward having to cover the leak player Hufunga and Moseley were in a weird place. I mean, Moseley was taking off after Jefferson on a shallow crosser and Hufunga was sort of as well because Jefferson had 4 yards on Moseley. Because everything fell apart, there really wasn't a way to win on the play by the back end.

This is the key frame where I think better awareness would help Hufanga challenge the throw to the deeper crosser. As a deep safety, take away the deeper threat, leave the shallow threat to the underneath defenders. If the shallow crosser is targeted, then react to that.
I don't want to get too carried away with the win against MIN. We essential controlled that game because we had straight possessions.

I think we still win without that but not as convincingly as a top tier team would.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Jimmy's arm looks like a friggin' whip here. so lightning quick. great f**king throw

Does Lance make that throw/timing? Feels like he would still be setting his feet (not a hater post lol)
Our WRs block! I'm convinced this is why Aiyuk was in the dog house. Now he's blocking and making plays.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't want to get too carried away with the win against MIN. We essential controlled that game because we had straight possessions.

I think we still win without that but not as convincingly as a top tier team would.
Minny was playing GREAT ball. They beat a hot GB team.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

I meant we had three straight possessions. We definitely played very good defense. Just that it could have easily been a different game without this three straight possessions that turned TDS. I'm sure MIN thinks they handed us the win.

I meant we had three straight possessions. We definitely played very good defense. Just that it could have easily been a different game without this three straight possessions that turned TDS. I'm sure MIN thinks they handed us the win.

We also handed them 10 points, basically, with giving up a kick return and Gould missing a 41 yarder and one of their TD's took 4 downs inside the 10 to get

This game could've easily been 37-20 or even 37-14.

So we lucked into 3 straight Tds ?

The game wouldn't have been close if minny didn't get a easy INT and a flagless Return for a TD. We earned everything in that game
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The game wouldn't have been close if minny didn't get a easy INT and a flagless Return for a TD. We earned everything in that game

Don't forget the defense giving up a TD on only 5 plays immediately after we went up 28-14 and had full home momentum and advantage.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Kirk hasn't thrown an INT for a while and he isn't known for INTS. Jimmy is known for an occasional brain fart.

We didn't luck into 3 TDS. We earned them. But we were fortunate of the timing of those TDS and the timing of the INT. You know, how SEA always gets a call or a turnover at a pivotal moment in the game but we would get those when it really wouldn't affect momentum.

Just saying, we didn't score in the 4th and the score was tied going into the half.
Share 49ersWebzone