LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

SF 49ERS vs Vikings Pregame Thread - 2021 Week 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ERS vs Vikings Pregame Thread - 2021 Week 12

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Jesus christ...yall really feel the need to defend Jimmy even when its not needed.

Jimmy is playing well, Kirk is playing well. We cant overlook the Vikings. They have ridiculous receivers and a ridiculous running back. We are weak at CB and up the middle. They play right into our weakness.

This weak CB stuff is overrated. Norman had a forced fumble last week and Mosely balled out. Norman a quick google search is telling me leads the NFL in forced fumbles.

Yes lets compare f**king laviska shenault and marvin jones to f**king Thielen and Jefferson.

Its cool that youre the ever optimistic type. I can respect that. But weve seen what happens when Norman and Mosely go up against premier receivers.
Jesus christ...yall really feel the need to defend Jimmy even when its not needed.

Jimmy is playing well, Kirk is playing well. We cant overlook the Vikings. They have ridiculous receivers and a ridiculous running back. We are weak at CB and up the middle. They play right into our weakness.

This weak CB stuff is overrated. Norman had a forced fumble last week and Mosely balled out. Norman a quick google search is telling me leads the NFL in forced fumbles.

Yes lets compare f**king laviska shenault and marvin jones to f**king Thielen and Jefferson.

Its cool that youre the ever optimistic type. I can respect that. But weve seen what happens when Norman and Mosely go up against premier receivers.

Norman was a premier #1 corner type guy. He's 33 now so past his prime but I think each week he's getting more comfortable with playing in our system. Moseley is a flat out good #2 corner and a heck of a find considering he was undrafted.

Norman was a premier #1 corner type guy. He's 33 now so past his prime but I think each week he's getting more comfortable with playing in our system. Moseley is a flat out good #2 corner and a heck of a find considering he was undrafted.

Ok. Thanks. I had no idea who Norman and Mosely were . Now how does this address my point that theyve both been made to look silly against star receivers? And we just happen to be going up against two of them Sunday.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This is a game where the best defense is the niners offense. Just keep doing what they've doing the last 2 games. Should be fine.

They CANT fall behind. That's the worst case scenario. This team is not meant to come back from large deficits or to go toe to toe with a high octane offense. The offense should impose their will.

Disagree, I think they have the firepower to go to a vertical game with that strong run game powering the vertical passes. Deebo and Aiyuk have decent speed, and Kittle can draw the defenders with his short and mid range routes. Having said that, I prefer their current ground and pound with a healthy dose of dink and dunk offense. It's complimentary football to their undersized but fast defense. Offense keeps away, defense takes away.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Arik Armstead - the man who only collects paychecks!

The 49ers gave this mediocore player $85 million! Now, they have to play him regardless because they don't want to look like they made a terrible decision.
Wow really? Not that PFF is the end all-be all but their rating on him is pretty damn high. Most of the ways he actually impacts a game don't show up in the boxscore. Try to educate yourself a little more there, all right.

PFF ratings are all over the place. Statistics can be used to one's advantage in the NFL, depending on which side you are on. End of the day, I don't see much production, and Bucker >>> Armstead. We had a good player and we traded him for a mediocore one. In case you missed it - the key part here is the $85 million & what you get in return!

The Buckner vs Armstead decision was a tough one. For sure. I think the jury is still out on that. Kinlaw was injured - but the prognosis is that he'll be back healthy in a year or so. So agree with you for this particular time - it was a bad decision, but in a few years, you have to re-evaluate.

Personally, I liked the trade considering Kinlaw was a perfect specimen for Kocurek's defense. I don't know if Buckner fit into Kocurek's defense as well as Kinlaw (when Healthy). ShanaLynch have to do better in their medical evaluations, is all I can say.

Agreed. They say time heals all wounds, let's see.

Yup, this is one game I'd love to have either a healthy Buckner or Kinlaw.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Kirk Cousins vs Jimmy Graroppolo is the game and we'll see which player gets the win.
Round 2, Fight !!

Mortal Combat!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I'll just throw out the largely overlooked take here:

The home team in this series has won games going back quite a long time. We haven't won in Minnesota since 1992, and the 49ers have beaten the Vikings going back to at 2015 at home (that hilarious season opener).

I'm hoping we can finally go to Minnesota next time and win, but for now we won't have to. Seeing the importance of this game and the renewed fight of the team, I believe Levi's will play a role in us getting the 6th win of the season.

I'm wondering if cold weather vs hot weather has something to do with it.

Well we didn't play the Vikings outdoors during those two seasons at that college stadium.

But last two times we played them were in September, weeks 2 and 1 respectively.....I was there for one (2012).

Got it. I guess it's more the teams vs outside stuff like the weather. Hopefully this next game is a win!
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Kirk Cousins vs Jimmy Graroppolo is the game and we'll see which player gets the win.
Round 2, Fight !!

round 3

It's still round 2…Mostert was who killed Cousins and the Vikes in the NFC divisional game

and the same thing could happen again this sunday, just not from mostert

It was also Tevon Coleman that killed the Vikings. Mostert killed the Packers.

damn you right…(I was buzzed both games lol)
Gonna be hard hitting. Like 49ers vs Seahawks 2019

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some damn 49ers regular season action.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Arik Armstead - the man who only collects paychecks!

The 49ers gave this mediocore player $85 million! Now, they have to play him regardless because they don't want to look like they made a terrible decision.
Wow really? Not that PFF is the end all-be all but their rating on him is pretty damn high. Most of the ways he actually impacts a game don't show up in the boxscore. Try to educate yourself a little more there, all right.

PFF ratings are all over the place. Statistics can be used to one's advantage in the NFL, depending on which side you are on. End of the day, I don't see much production, and Bucker >>> Armstead. We had a good player and we traded him for a mediocore one. In case you missed it - the key part here is the $85 million & what you get in return!

Why are you arguing about AA in the Vikings game thread? Even better question why are you bringing up Buckner in it?

Armstead got paid what he did because he plays on the edge on some downs. That position gets paid more, it's how the league works and Buckner is still getting paid more. Move on, Buckner is gone.

Hope Armstead has a huge game and shuts all this crap down.

Norman in coverage is not an ideal situation. Moseley isn't exactly prime Sherman either. Our corners are still a major question mark and our pass rush has been underwhelming outside of Bosa.

They all have to step up in this game. Vikings are the most balanced offensive team we've played this year imo. Packers a close second but they're a 1 WR team. Vikings have Jefferson and Thielen that can hurt you. And their TE is pretty good too.
Originally posted by genus49:
Norman in coverage is not an ideal situation. Moseley isn't exactly prime Sherman either. Our corners are still a major question mark and our pass rush has been underwhelming outside of Bosa.

They all have to step up in this game. Vikings are the most balanced offensive team we've played this year imo. Packers a close second but they're a 1 WR team. Vikings have Jefferson and Thielen that can hurt you. And their TE is pretty good too.

Thankfully the Vikings defense is horrible. We talk about what a challenge it will be to stop those WR's and Cook but isn't it going to be a tougher challenge for the Vikings defense to stop our offense? We have Deebo, Kittle, and Aiyuk all going at the sametime and then throw in our run game.

Ok. Thanks. I had no idea who Norman and Mosely were . Now how does this address my point that theyve both been made to look silly against star receivers? And we just happen to be going up against two of them Sunday.

Ok Thanks for the info about our cbs. Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events, but the Vikings cbs are bad and so is their run D. So they may look beyond silly stopping our 2 good wrs, one of which is a great big shiny f**king star and running game
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 22, 2021 at 7:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone