Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ERS vs Vikings Pregame Thread - 2021 Week 12

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Can't wait for Sunday. Go Niners!

Me either - we're getting all our guys back - should be a romp.

Don't get too confident. We were saying the same thing before the Cardinals game a couple weeks ago because they were missing a lot of key starters and we were getting some of ours back. Whoops!

The penis says. 28-12, Niners.

.........alright then. I guess that's aa good as any predictor

lol I like how mayo has TWO different WZ zeitgeist gimmicks.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Can't wait for Sunday. Go Niners!

Me either - we're getting all our guys back - should be a romp.

Don't get too confident. We were saying the same thing before the Cardinals game a couple weeks ago because they were missing a lot of key starters and we were getting some of ours back. Whoops!

The penis says. 28-12, Niners.

.........alright then. I guess that's aa good as any predictor

lol I like how mayo has TWO different WZ zeitgeist gimmicks.

Mayo is Oyam. You don't Know what you'll get in any given situation.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeahooo, and more good news... (I wouldn't wish injury on the other team at all, but this is where the Vikings defense is at)
https://purplepainforums.com/thread/5033/math-says-probably-2021-edition?page=8
2. Manufacture a pass rush
The defensive line was once a strength for this team. But the Vikings are now preparing to play against San Francisco on Sunday without all four of their Week 1 starters on the line. They built this defense around two massive, run-stuffing defensive tackles in Michael Pierce and Dalvin Tomlinson, and they're both out, the former because of an elbow injury and the latter because he's on the COVID-19/reserve list. The Vikings will also play without star pass rushers Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen, which could leave them searching for a way to get pressure on the quarterback.
They gave Aaron Rodgers tons of time to throw the previous week and now enter the game with a defensive line made up entirely of reserves.
Zimmer, of course, is great at drawing up blitzes and finding creative ways to get pressure. But his skills will be tested with so many starters out.

Watch the 49ers struggle to run and protect the passer. It's fate.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Yeahooo, and more good news... (I wouldn't wish injury on the other team at all, but this is where the Vikings defense is at)
The defensive line was once a strength for this team. But the Vikings are now preparing to play against San Francisco on Sunday without all four of their Week 1 starters on the line. They built this defense around two massive, run-stuffing defensive tackles in Michael Pierce and Dalvin Tomlinson, and they're both out, the former because of an elbow injury and the latter because he's on the COVID-19/reserve list. The Vikings will also play without star pass rushers Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen, which could leave them searching for a way to get pressure on the quarterback.
They gave Aaron Rodgers tons of time to throw the previous week and now enter the game with a defensive line made up entirely of reserves.
Zimmer, of course, is great at drawing up blitzes and finding creative ways to get pressure. But his skills will be tested with so many starters out.

Agree, *if* you add in -- "...because the 49ers faced the Vikings run and pass Blitz, and didn't handle it very well"

I'd have agreed with you when they played the Rams and Donaldson. But they dominated the Rams. I think the key two the last two games, really, was turnovers created by the defense. Not so much the offensive domination, although that was indeed impressive. The defense has stepped up the last two games and gotten turnovers. If the defense doesn't get turnovers - I totally agree, it's going to be a very close slugfest of a game.
If Dee Ford really does suit up and play, and gets at least 15 snaps, the Vikings offense has no chance. Kirk Cousins will get buried early and often.

The 49ers will not need a dynamic offense because the Vikings will not score. Again, this is provided that Dee Ford actually PLAYS.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
If Dee Ford really does suit up and play, and gets at least 15 snaps, the Vikings offense has no chance. Kirk Cousins will get buried early and often.

The 49ers will not need a dynamic offense because the Vikings will not score. Again, this is provided that Dee Ford actually PLAYS.

Ford is a game wrecker when in, strip sack city sweetheart hopefully he can play that fun game called meet me at the quarterback with Bosa
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Cross post from the Playoff Picture thread.

This was taken from the NFL app so I don't have a link but this is what Cynthia Frelund had to say.

"This one is a bit spicier because it seems to very much hinge on more narrow victories, as opposed to higher-probability (a.k.a. "easier") wins. Sunday's home game against the Vikings could be a crucial pivot point that dramatically shifts the 49ers' playoff odds, which sat at 33 percent entering this week -- eighth-highest in the NFC, just behind the Vikings. My simulations have San Francisco besting Minnesota 53 percent of the time. Now, the Niners do have two remaining games with win forecasts north of 60 percent: vs. Atlanta in Week 15 and vs. Houston in Week 17.

San Francisco's offense is based around rushing efficiencies. According to Next Gen Stats, the 49ers run the fifth-highest proportion of plays with runs or play-action passes at 61.8 percent. In addition, Kyle Shanahan only passes on 69 percent of third downs, which ranks 28th. That said, NGS shows that Jimmy Garoppolo has the second-best passer rating on throws of 10-plus air yards (129.0). San Francisco's defense is getting heathier and more effective, allowing just 10 points and fewer than 300 total yards in each of its past two games (both wins). Nick Bosa, who missed the bulk of last season with a torn ACL, looks like a force of nature again with 10 sacks (tied for sixth in the NFL)."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

I hate stats like that. We went into the Packers game against a Packers D that had 1 sack in 2 games, then they sacked jimmy like 5 times

I know. Looks like you got the team and then the other team gots you. I think sometimes those stats makes the players relax instead of being in top competitive attitude.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Ford is a game wrecker when in, strip sack city sweetheart hopefully he can play that fun game called meet me at the quarterback with Bosa

I'd be really a nice christmass present if he'd stay healthy at least till Christmas.

Deebo 1,131 total scrimmage yds so far and 18.1 ypc avg, just FYI.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Totally can see this happening. 49ers always find a way to make things work against them, see Colt McCoy vs 49ers.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Totally can see this happening. 49ers always find a way to make things work against them, see Colt McCoy vs 49ers.

Not to worry, watch kyle have Deebo at RB. Has to be. He can run thru cracks in the wall.

Go 49ers
Share 49ersWebzone