There are 147 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - 2021 Game 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - 2021 Game 6

• titan
  • Veteran
That was embarrassing. I thought we would be better than what we are showing.
Power went out at 4:30 and came on at 8:30, cell towers also down.

Probably not gonna watch this one.
I have to comment on the field yesterday. I remember how bad that field was when the stadium first opened. Sod was coming up everywhere. Yesterday, the turf held up well under a steady downpour. The winds weren't as bad as predicted so the playing conditions weren't as bad either. The Colts were able to throw deep and the shorted passes that Jimmy typically throws weren't affected. They were able to kick FGs too which surprised me.

The Niners stunk it up but kudos to the grounds crew.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Not surprising the more aggressive team won. They took shots down field and exposed how bad our secondary is at tracking the football in the air.

Colt's offense

1st down:Fail
2nd down: Fail
3rd down: heave it downfield..."Pass interference, 1st down!" (score points)
Originally posted by JMC52:
Can we go back to 2-0

Can we go back to pre-draft 2021?

something to note for next week
Why didn't Shanny call misdirection stuff for Lance last week? Jimmy is a dumpster fire, leave his dumbass on the bench
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Why didn't Shanny call misdirection stuff for Lance last week? Jimmy is a dumpster fire, leave his dumbass on the bench

must have thought az would be ready for it
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

something to note for next week

I think they would all be eligible to play given the what 5 days until you have to retest for unvaccinated players? Then just 24 hours for vaccinated players I believe
  • thl408
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

My guess is that ARI has two of the best Edge defenders over the past 10 years in Chandler Jones and Watt versus whoever IND had at Edge.

Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by CaptainObvious:
Good time to start Trey Lance for the Future

Thank you CaptainObvious

If Trent Williams is out another week there is no reason to let Khalil Mack Tee off on trey lance while being blocked by Moore and McGlinchey.

Cant keep making this excuse. NFL teams all have defenses that want to get a crack at the QB. Cant keep babying him. Kid needs to play and take his lumps. Period.

Not when he's still nursing a knee injury. We want him out for the year, crippling his development? I sure don't.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
This is the game where we are eliminated from playoffs contention…
i have absolutely no confidence in us winning this game.
with kittle and williams out our running game will stall and the weather conditions will make passing hazardous
2-4, heads down and a long season ahead

This was written before the game
i like that guy's post and prediction (but not the guy)
i'll give you that Mitchell produce well above expectations
[ Edited by 49Fever on Oct 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

My guess is that ARI has two of the best Edge defenders over the past 10 years in Chandler Jones and Watt versus whoever IND had at Edge.

The announcers in last nights telecast did a pretty good job of explaining it. They highlighted that the coach has IND's linebackers playing very aggressively, and showed documented footage of it. They suggested misdirection plays and play action might cause overcommits on defence, which is exactly what happened on the opening drive. It was also confirmed by Leonard's post game commentary where he said the 49ers had them on their heels on the opening drive.

I'm more worried by a coach who appears to be having trouble adjusting to what's happening in real time. This team seems to have a habit of drawing up fantastic plans for that opening drive and then having nothing in the tank for the adjustments.
  • thl408
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by thl408:

The announcers in last nights telecast did a pretty good job of explaining it. They highlighted that the coach has IND's linebackers playing very aggressively, and showed documented footage of it. They suggested misdirection plays and play action might cause overcommits on defence, which is exactly what happened on the opening drive. It was also confirmed by Leonard's post game commentary where he said the 49ers had them on their heels on the opening drive.

I'm more worried by a coach who appears to be having trouble adjusting to what's happening in real time. This team seems to have a habit of drawing up fantastic plans for that opening drive and then having nothing in the tank for the adjustments.

The 49ers' second TD drive was one of the easiest drives I've ever seen. It was three bootleg plays that went down the field with no resistance. All three plays were completions.
Share 49ersWebzone