There are 252 users in the forums

Week 1 49ers @ Lions Coaches film Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So, I fixed the issue and we're ready to rock and roll. Thanks for the patience.

• thl408
Nice breakdown of the Sanu 3rd down conversion. Having a TE that demands double coverage creates problems when they go 3x1 with Kittle on the weakside and trips WRs to the strong side, when the defense is in man coverage. The Patriots last season combatted the 49ers 3x1 by putting their best CB (Gilmore) on Kittle and Kittle beat him. He's too big for a CB and too quick for a S/LB. So DET doubles Kittle which gives the trips side a matchup to exploit.

Did you notice any differences in Ryans' defense compared to Saleh's? It takes more than one game to build a tendency but just wondering if anything jumped out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Beautiful, jonny.
Hell f**king yes thank you.
Originally posted by thl408:
Nice breakdown of the Sanu 3rd down conversion. Having a TE that demands double coverage creates problems when they go 3x1 with Kittle on the weakside and trips WRs to the strong side, when the defense is in man coverage. The Patriots last season combatted the 49ers 3x1 by putting their best CB (Gilmore) on Kittle and Kittle beat him. He's too big for a CB and too quick for a S/LB. So DET doubles Kittle which gives the trips side a matchup to exploit.

Did you notice any differences in Ryans' defense compared to Saleh's? It takes more than one game to build a tendency but just wondering if anything jumped out.

Saleh became like clockwork that in 3rd down he'd sugar both A gaps and disguise. Ryans doesn't seem to do that and is looking to be more like Fangio in that he'll present a 2 deep shell for post snap rotation of coverage.
Having Mack makes me happy Even with his sweaty ass
How'd you get All22?

Originally posted by genus49:
How'd you get All22?

A49erfan77 sent me a link for a bootleg copy. I think he posted it in one of the threads
Is this Only for Offense ? would like to see what happened on D . In particular Run D
Originally posted by DanV49:
Is this Only for Offense ? would like to see what happened on D . In particular Run D

Originally posted by DanV49:

You might try watching the video. Jonnydel takes the time to put together exceptional videos, and thl408 will often do his own analysis. It is really excellent stuff and they put a lot of time into it. Seems we can at least take the time to watch and read before asking them to spend time answering questions they have already clearly answered.
Good job JD!

I like that nugget you gave about Alex Gibbs and his view on centers and RBs in zone scheme. I didn't know that.
Share 49ersWebzone