There are 219 users in the forums

Baby Soft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So on CSN post game the other day I saw Takeo and Dontae Whitner talking about how hard , often and off season their training and practice used to be under Harbaugh. Now obviously CBA has severely limited their ability to condition and practice, andTakeo and Dontae were talking about the possibility of reduced practice contributing to increased injury. When I think about it it seems to make some sense. Guys like V.Davis, D.Walker, , P.Willis , N..Bowman, N.Clements, Gore and so many more I'm not naming were ABSOLUTELY RIPPED and maybe more than what I'm seeing for the most part today. Guys have been going down left and right all over the league and I want to say it wasn't always like that. When a guy would go down you could rewatch the play and easily surmise that ohh wow legs aren't supposed to bend that way etc... now guys are gripping their legs after a play getting carted off and you're like "wait how's that happen " . What y'all think. Has the less practice approach backfired and is possibly hurting our players more than protecting them as intended??
The 2013 & 2014 49ers players dropped like flies too and it's been injury bug city ever since.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Gore was running around with his balls hanging out. All commando and never left the game with bruised nuts.

that says it all….
Seems like the players union shot themselves in the foot by pushing for reduced offseason activities.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
So on CSN post game the other day I saw Takeo and Dontae Whitner talking about how hard , often and off season their training and practice used to be under Harbaugh. Now obviously CBA has severely limited their ability to condition and practice, andTakeo and Dontae were talking about the possibility of reduced practice contributing to increased injury. When I think about it it seems to make some sense. Guys like V.Davis, D.Walker, , P.Willis , N..Bowman, N.Clements, Gore and so many more I'm not naming were ABSOLUTELY RIPPED and maybe more than what I'm seeing for the most part today. Guys have been going down left and right all over the league and I want to say it wasn't always like that. When a guy would go down you could rewatch the play and easily surmise that ohh wow legs aren't supposed to bend that way etc... now guys are gripping their legs after a play getting carted off and you're like "wait how's that happen " . What y'all think. Has the less practice approach backfired and is possibly hurting our players more than protecting them as intended??

Yeah I saw that and they said Harbaugh had them playing hard in camp. He would call players out like AJ Jenkins who was out of shape and couldn't read the playbook.
Singletary had the nutcracker drill.

The new nfl CBA limits practice time and these guys need to train really hard on their own. It's great we have Bosa who trains hard, and Kittle who even hosts TE U.

Otherwise the nfl doesn't want their stars hurt before a regular season game.
I'm sure if Kyle could he would have them training/practicing more like what used to be the norm in the NFL. The teams he coached with his dad back in Washington didn't have injury problems.
  • thl408
Players need to start exercising their ACLs.
Yea back in the JH days ppl questioned if they worked too hard
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Yeah I saw that and they said Harbaugh had them playing hard in camp. He would call players out like AJ Jenkins who was out of shape and couldn't read the playbook.
Singletary had the nutcracker drill.

The new nfl CBA limits practice time and these guys need to train really hard on their own. It's great we have Bosa who trains hard, and Kittle who even hosts TE U.

Otherwise the nfl doesn't want their stars hurt before a regular season game.
So they can get hurt during the season! Makes perfect sense to me

whole western world gone soft.
STOP GIVING OUT PARTICIPATION TROPHIES!!!

No
Injuries are part of the effing game. It sucks but there's no sense whining about it. Next man up!
We literally got fined for doing too much during practice this offseason…

The issue isn't related to our coaches or players. It's the new offseason practice rules, bad luck and bad fields.
Every team suffering injuries.

Some niners fans: this team is soft! S-o-f-t! I'm tougher than these jokers! Why if I hadn't gotten hurt in the high school state championship I'd be in the nfl right now showing these nancies how it's done!!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Every team suffering injuries.

Some niners fans: this team is soft! S-o-f-t! I'm tougher than these jokers! Why if I hadn't gotten hurt in the high school state championship I'd be in the nfl right now showing these nancies how it's done!!

I'll believe them when they say it to a players face. Internet tough guys are hilarious.
Share 49ersWebzone