There are 294 users in the forums

RB Kerryon Johnson

• mayo49
  • Veteran
At least he's still pretty young.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/150197-49ers-signing-kerryon-johnson-latest-raheem-mostert-news/
Be less injury prone and more teamgoal oriented than the one who has gone on ir on his own decision. Thanks
Looking at his stats they are better than I thought. And was a 2nd RD pick. Still only 24 years old. We know what Kyle can do with RB's that have some ability.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this makes sense.. typical niners. under the radar guy .. it made no sense to sign gire cuz i think the plan was to elevate our rookie third rounder to the active roster for this weekend assuming he had whatever was wrong last week taken care of.. so you just needed someone for the practice squad.. hope we do not need him but he is there. hope for the best with our three guys and then whatever we get from wilson later is gravy
Why no Todd Gurley?

I'm sure money comes into play, but Mostert is out for the season... we need all the game breakers we can get, if we want to make a push for the Super Bowl. Has Todd lost THAT much speed? I don't think so.
It has been proven repeatedly this Shanahan zone blocking system can make any decent RB look amazing

Just keep adding UDFA or late round RBs with speed

The one loss we can't afford is RB Coach Bobby Taylor
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Sep 14, 2021 at 12:40 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
a 2nd rd pick for the Lions who looked pretty good in his rookie season in 2018. hasnt been the same since he tore his MCL in mid 2019.
[ Edited by boast on Sep 14, 2021 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Why no Todd Gurley?

I'm sure money comes into play, but Mostert is out for the season... we need all the game breakers we can get, if we want to make a push for the Super Bowl. Has Todd lost THAT much speed? I don't think so.

Gurley is washed, we complain injury prone guys and Gurley is a guy running on bone on bone
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Why no Todd Gurley?

Gurley is washed, we complain injury prone guys and Gurley is a guy running on bone on bone

Gurley's knee swells up just watching film.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
a 2nd rd pick for the Lions who looked pretty good in his rookie season in 2018. hasnt been the same since he tore his MCL in mid 2019.

Better MCL than ACL.

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
It has been proven repeatedly this Shanahan zone blocking system can make any decent RB look amazing

Just keep adding UDFA or late round RBs with speed

The one loss we can't afford is RB Coach Bobby Taylor

Schefter: "49ers RB Coach Bobby Taylor has reportedly torn his ACL. Out for season."
Wow. Where does this leave Sermon?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

as RB3 still.
  • All22
  • Veteran

Still somewhere dancing in the backfield I imagine.

He's going to be active and get a carries for a drive or two this Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone