There are 292 users in the forums

49ers waive DB Dre Kirkpatrick

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'm unclear on your feelings on this. He's better than DJ.
Solid move. Better than adding Sherman
He didn't play that well but I will give him some credit, last year in limited time he got 3 interceptions on the cardinals. That's the only silver lining I can provide
Ugh. Desperation signing. Dre can play in a pinch but will get burned if he has to play the majority of the season.
We got E-Man and Norman to be our starters, hopefully this signing is to replace #27.
Cant believe they didnt find an all pro for the vet minimum
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Ok but is he better than Dontae ?

This is the right mindset.
I agree Dres a minor upgrade to DJ I just think there's better CBs still available. Ones with upside that might improve.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
We went to the SB with Eman and an old and fading Sherman

JV would have been a luxury at CB this year

At this point we just need competent DBs

Eman was gosh darn good tho
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Good signing.. we needed a decent guy with a good nfl resume who is not super sherman old... glad to see the team addressed this... now will he play sunday or have to set a week like josh

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Solid move. Better than adding Sherman

Yeah, much better than Sherman.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I agree Dres a minor upgrade to DJ I just think there's better CBs still available. Ones with upside that might improve.

Dre ain't great but saying he's only a minor upgrade over DJ is flat wrong. DJ is terrible. It felt like Goff didn't even look at any other receiver, other then whoever DJ was covering because it was damn near an automatic completion or penalty every throw.
Well, we need bodies, what would you expect?
why didn't they trade for stephen gilmore!
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
We got E-Man and Norman to be our starters, hopefully this signing is to replace #27.

I hope Norman isn't starting over Lenoir once he's active
Share 49ersWebzone