There are 106 users in the forums

Who has a bigger impact at CB in 2021?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who has a bigger impact at CB in 2021?

I'm curious to see what you guys think. Who makes the bigger impact in their rookie season? Who do you think is 1st off the bench. Who fits better at Nickle? Outside? Do either have a chance to push Mosely for that starting spot in camp/preseason?

Since Eric Crocker's opinion is highly respected by the majority of 49ers fans I figured it would be appropriate to provide his film breakdown of each player along with some highlights.

Ambry Thomas



Deommodore Lenoir

[ Edited by GangstaGangsta on Jun 12, 2021 at 9:28 AM ]
From what I've heard, Thomas should be the better of the two, I'm just not sure he has the dog in him. Not concerned about that from Lenoir.
Well, generally I would say that a 5th round pick is likely to take a year or more to acclimatise, if they can even make it to NFL standards. So, without studying either my guess would be Thomas. But I shall be more than happy if either of them settle in and play to a decent standard.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
From what I've heard, Thomas should be the better of the two, I'm just not sure he has the dog in him. Not concerned about that from Lenoir.

I think that's why our staff/scouts fell in love with Lenior. He's not afraid to get physical with the bigger bodied WRs. He may lean on his physicality a bit to make up for his speed. From what I've gathered he's looked good in OTA's.

Originally posted by English:
Well, generally I would say that a 5th round pick is likely to take a year or more to acclimatise, if they can even make it to NFL standards. So, without studying either my guess would be Thomas. But I shall be more than happy if either of them settle in and play to a decent standard.

I agree, with our current depth at CB and our history there is a good chance he does not have the luxury that most 5th RD CB's have. I think that's why a lot of fans would like to see us pick up Sherm even though he's lost a step.
Thomas
Think Thomas will be more outside and Lenoir more slot/nickle looks
Thomas is the much better CB so my bet is on him. People forget that he can also play slot so he can be the first one off the bench for anyone that gets hurt. I think if Kwuan were to get hurt, Emann would slide in there in Nickel and Ambry would go outside
I voted Thomas based on position and who is currently the starter at that position. Thomas is the backup to Eman and Lenor is the backup to Kwuan. Kwuan is one of the better Nickel corners in the league and if he is healthy he is not losing his starting job. With Eman his starting job isn't as secured as Kwuan's is. I could see Thomas beating him out if he impresses.
I voted Thomas because he has better athletic traits, but Lenoir is physical and good at the contact point so this could depend on where they play and hope both flourish if given the shot.
Raise your hand if you still think we're pretty light at CB...

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Think Thomas will be more outside and Lenoir more slot/nickle looks

I agree with this. I think Lenoir will be really good and have a long NFL career.

I don't know about Thomas. Not really a fan of him.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Raise your hand if you still think we're pretty light at CB...

I could see us making a CB signing or 2 before camp starts
Share 49ersWebzone