LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Upgrading the offensive skill positions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like are starting Wr, TE, and Rb's.. however... They're mostly very injury prone. Kittle and Dbo run with passion and fire but that leads to them breaking down. Motsert is amazing when he's healthy but I don't think he's a bell cow Rb.. Ayuik seems to be more durable and knows when to go down. I think he'll be our most reliable skill guy this season. I think we need to upgrade the skill positions soon..

Do we invest another big contact in kittle if he can't stay in the field? Do we extend Dbo if he's constantly missing games? Motsert is probably gone after this season.. how do we proceed?
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I like are starting Wr, TE, and Rb's.. however... They're mostly very injury prone. Kittle and Dbo run with passion and fire but that leads to them breaking down. Motsert is amazing when he's healthy but I don't think he's a bell cow Rb.. Ayuik seems to be more durable and knows when to go down. I think he'll be our most reliable skill guy this season. I think we need to upgrade the skill positions soon..

Do we invest another big contact in kittle if he can't stay in the field? Do we extend Dbo if he's constantly missing games? Motsert is probably gone after this season.. how do we proceed?

But for last year Kittle has been pretty durable and we're several years away from worrying about a new contract. Deebo was durable as a rook and like many had issues staying on the field last year. If he stays healthy and produces like we know he can this season he'll probably be in line for an extension off his rookie deal this time next year. Time will tell.
These sound like questions for after this season
Another contract in Kittle? He just signed his deal last year.

Do you want wimps who shy away from contact? Unfortunately guys get hurt in this sport the more contact they seek out. Have to avoid the injury bug but I'd much rather have guys who aren't afraid of contact.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by jays9ers:

But for last year Kittle has been pretty durable and we're several years away from worrying about a new contract. Deebo was durable as a rook and like many had issues staying on the field last year. If he stays healthy and produces like we know he can this season he'll probably be in line for an extension off his rookie deal this time next year. Time will tell.

Agreed with Sonoco, Kittle only just had issues the past season, I think he missed like only 4 games in 2019, could be wrong, played all playoff games, Deebo was solid as a rook, what hurt was the injury away from the team when they had Camp Jimmy last offseason, if he keeps the playing up and healthy, he'll get a new deal, and yeah Kittle is signed thru 2025, no need to think extension until 2024 at the earliest. I do think we upgraded with Sermon and Mitchell at RB, especially long term. Watkins could surprise, if Hurd comes back then that'd be awesome.
Originally posted by genus49:

Do you want wimps who shy away from contact? Unfortunately guys get hurt in this sport the more contact they seek out. Have to avoid the injury bug but I'd much rather have guys who aren't afraid of contact.

Yeah, I like guys like Kittle, Deebo, Juice who don't shy away from contact, but just be smart about it, not saying those 3 haven't, just something I'd advice all offensive and defensive players, be aggressive but also be smart about it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by genus49:

Yeah, I like guys like Kittle, Deebo, Juice who don't shy away from contact, but just be smart about it, not saying those 3 haven't, just something I'd advice all offensive and defensive players, be aggressive but also be smart about it.

And the whole shying away from contact always reminded me of Brandon Lloyd, dude wouldn't go across the field cause he was afraid of getting hit, Kittle, Juice, Deebo, they're not scared, they love it, that's why they're 3 of my favorite 49ers, who should be in the teams long term plans, along with Aiyuk. Can't wait to see Sermon and Mitchell out there.
Share 49ersWebzone