LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Ranking the NFC West position by position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Free agency is pretty much over and now the draft being over we have a general idea of the rosters. I am going to try to be as unbiased as I can be.

QB

1.Seattle
2.LA
3.Arizona
4.San Fran

I still put us last as of now because Jimmy is expected to start and Lance is still a rookie and we don't know what to expect.

Oline

1.San Fran
2.Arizona
3.LA
4.Seattle

I put Arizona ahead of LA because of the Center position.

RB

1.San Fran
2.LA
3.Seattle
4.Arizona

I put LA ahead of Seattle because of coaching and scheme and Arizona last because they lost their RB and replaced him with Connor who I think is horrible.

TE

1.San Fran
2.LA
3.Seattle
4.Arizona

LA and Seattle was a toss up.

WR

1.Seattle
2.LA
3.Arizona
4.San Fran

Put us last for now because of Jimmy and we aren't sure who our #3 guy will be.

Dline

1.San Fran
2.Arizona
3.LA
4.Seattle

LineBacker

1.San Fran
2.Arizona
3.Seattle
4.LA

Put Arizona over Seattle because I think Simmons will break out and Wagner is on the decline.

CB

1.LA
2.San Fran
3.Arizona
4.Seattle

LA #1 because they have the best corner in the league. Seattle last because Whitherspoon might start. That says it all right there.

Safety

1.Seattle
2.Arizona
3.San Fran
4.LA

Seattle and Arizona 1 and 2 because of Adams and Baker.

Special teams

1.LA
2.Seattle
3.Arizona
4.San Fran

Don't know much about the other teams, Just that I know we were pretty bad last season on Special teams.

So total points added up with most points being the worst.

Coaching

1.Seattle
2.LA
3.San Fran
4.Arizona

This was tough to rank 2 and 3. Seattle 1st because of team success the last decade and Arizona last because Klingsbury is horrible.

So adding up the points with most points being considered the worst.

1.San Fran 25
2.LA 26
3.Seattle 27
4.Arizona 32
How in the s**t is SF 3rd in coaching?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
How in the s**t is SF 3rd in coaching?

I am only basing it on team success the past few years in total. Hard to not put Carroll at #1 because of his team constantly winning 10 games every year. Though he could thank Wilson for that. And 2 and 3 were hard. I guess I put us 3 so I don't come seeming biased lol.
AZ has the best safety in the division. Jamal Adams is more of a damn edge rusher than a safety. The dude is a legit liability in coverage. Quandre Diggs is a solid player, but Budda Baker is by far the best safety in the division.
Shanny's staff > McVeigh's staff last 2 years
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Free agency is pretty much over and now the draft being over we have a general idea of the rosters. I am going to try to be as unbiased as I can be.

QB

1.Seattle
2.LA
3.Arizona
4.San Fran

I still put us last as of now because Jimmy is expected to start and Lance is still a rookie and we don't know what to expect.

Oline

1.San Fran
2.Arizona
3.LA
4.Seattle

I put Arizona ahead of LA because of the Center position.

RB

1.San Fran
2.LA
3.Seattle
4.Arizona

I put LA ahead of Seattle because of coaching and scheme and Arizona last because they lost their RB and replaced him with Connor who I think is horrible.

TE

1.San Fran
2.LA
3.Seattle
4.Arizona

LA and Seattle was a toss up.

WR

1.Seattle
2.LA
3.Arizona
4.San Fran

Put us last for now because of Jimmy and we aren't sure who our #3 guy will be.

Dline

1.San Fran
2.Arizona
3.LA
4.Seattle

LineBacker

1.San Fran
2.Arizona
3.Seattle
4.LA

Put Arizona over Seattle because I think Simmons will break out and Wagner is on the decline.

CB

1.LA
2.San Fran
3.Arizona
4.Seattle

LA #1 because they have the best corner in the league. Seattle last because Whitherspoon might start. That says it all right there.

Safety

1.Seattle
2.Arizona
3.San Fran
4.LA

Seattle and Arizona 1 and 2 because of Adams and Baker.

Special teams

1.LA
2.Seattle
3.Arizona
4.San Fran

Don't know much about the other teams, Just that I know we were pretty bad last season on Special teams.

So total points added up with most points being the worst.

Coaching

1.Seattle
2.LA
3.San Fran
4.Arizona

This was tough to rank 2 and 3. Seattle 1st because of team success the last decade and Arizona last because Klingsbury is horrible.

So adding up the points with most points being considered the worst.

1.San Fran 25
2.LA 26
3.Seattle 27
4.Arizona 32

Agree with all except coaching. SF is number 1 especially if you factor in injuries
Originally posted by Heroism:
AZ has the best safety in the division. Jamal Adams is more of a damn edge rusher than a safety. The dude is a legit liability in coverage. Quandre Diggs is a solid player, but Budda Baker is by far the best safety in the division.

Very true but Seattle's 2nd safety is better than Arizona's. Seattle is still the best
Niners are best in the division at 5 different positions. Oline,Dline,RB,LB, and TE. Rams who the so called experts are picking a favorites to win the division only have the edge over everybody else at CB.
Are these rankings considering depth at the position?
  • thl408
That grading system implies that having the best safety carries as much weight as having the best QB.

Let me just take issue with one point. You downgrade our receivers to 4th "because of Jimmy". Well, in one sense I see the point but logically then, you should grade the qb's in the light of the line, likewise the running backs and the defensive backfield in the light of the pass rush. I think if you are assessing by position, you should assess the position as a stand-alone. Personal opinion.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think that's a pretty close representative of how the Division pans out - I'd have to agree.
Originally posted by English:
Let me just take issue with one point. You downgrade our receivers to 4th "because of Jimmy". Well, in one sense I see the point but logically then, you should grade the qb's in the light of the line, likewise the running backs and the defensive backfield in the light of the pass rush. I think if you are assessing by position, you should assess the position as a stand-alone. Personal opinion.

I think the WR corps 2 through 4 is very close that you could go with any order and not be wrong. Seahawks are #1 and then the next 3 are really close together. Even the Seahawks there is not a huge gap. And I will say the WR corps is not a weakness for any team in this division.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on May 9, 2021 at 1:31 AM ]
Oh now you've done it. Unbiased??? That's not how NT works lol. You better edit everything and make us #1
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Oh now you've done it. Unbiased??? That's not how NT works lol. You better edit everything and make us #1

Dude this is the San Francisco 49ers Webzone. Perhaps you could post a link to any of the NFL teams supporters clubs who offer a purely unbiased view of the league?
Share 49ersWebzone