LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Feeling quietly confident about the upcoming season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Offensive is surely as good or better than the Super Bowl offense, but the defense is suspect as it is not at the same level. We are missing Buckner, Sherman, Ford, and Kwon from that team. We have brought in some decent players to replace them, but they are not at the same level.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by elguapo:
If the niners don't have another biblical wave of injuries I'm sure an NFCCG appearance is easily a possibility.

The revenge of the revenge tour

Correctamundo
Originally posted by walker807:
Verrett and Kwaun are legit. Moseley is ok. Not a lot of depth if the rookies don't work out but far from bad.
This is mostly the same group of DB's that helped our defense have one of the best 3rd down defenses in the year last year, without the pass rush too.

Yeah, and they have really bolstered it thru the draft. Even though we drafted Ambry Thomas in the 3rd round, he looks like he can make the team as a back up CB. And maybe even Lenoir too. Hufanga is a stud, I saw him play a ton at USC. At least one or 2 of them should make it to the team or practice squad. I think we will be fine here.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by boast:
without the obvious questions of health about some of the star players, i'd say the loss of Saleh and the affect it has on the defense is the biggest question mark going into 2021.

I think DCs in general are overrated, much like an NBA HC is. Have talent on defense and they will be good regardless of the coordinator.

I tend to agree with this

agree. Defense is more about talent. I liked Arden Key comming out of college and Kocurek is a miracle worker with DLinemen. I expect the new ex-raiders to really contribute. This looks like a decent playoff team. We shall see.
Share 49ersWebzone